AR sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the average guy doing a home defense setup on a budget, I go mid-level reddot (sig Romeo, vortex, etc) with MBUS co-witnessed. Affordable, effective, and irons as back up if technology fails ya.

Weapon mounted light also… it’s amazing how effective iron sights are at night when paired with a weapon mounted light. Goes for a handgun as well

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If the bad guy is coming at you or darn close don't tell me you will pull up and try to get him/her in a sight.
Au contraire mon frere, not only will i have my rifle shouldered and looking at homeboy with sights, I'll put a good shot group center mass and maybe a couple in the nugget. Way before he can do jack. I don't "hipshoot" anything. That's not just irresponsible, but it's dangerous too. Spray and pray is a technique though I guess. I've seen plenty of primitives overseas use that time tested technique. I've seen them hold a rifle over their heads too...very effectif, lol.

You can thumbs down the hip shot but it works.
I will

I have hand guns all over the house with regular iron sights on them ready to go.
As do I. Same with rifles. All with sights - Irons, LPVO, or Reflexive sights of some kind.

OP asked about AR sights, not about hipshooting and shooting without sights and other trickshooting as an alternative to getting sights for his gun.
Irons are irons but optics a little more complex; they can be non-electronic or electronic. Either one is absolutely fine and nothing's wrong with using either. Poopooing an electronic sight because it's technology is silly though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom