are godless kids doomed?...and other fun stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You forgot to tell him about your fetish for AR soft serve ice cream.

I'm not sure how you know this, but yes, this place is one of my favorite gas stations...and I haves several of those.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-shortstop-grill-garfield

Also I must give Lurker66 credit for the whole telling people on the internet I'm gay thing. It's way more fun than I thought it would be, but I stole it 100% from him. Unlike values, humor is not up for sale, you have to steal it from others and refurbish it to make it work for you.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the internet. You'd probably be bored upon meeting a blue-collar redneck that owns two pickups and has a common-law wife who has never had gay sex whose main hobby is hunting whitetail deer. There are plenty of me in Oklahoma.

I can relate to all that. Although, I must admit that I'm a Redneck "Wanna Be".

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I see Edmond as your location. :D

I kid, I kid.

No reason to be apologetic. I've been wanting to move out of the "city" for years. Just about have the wife convinced. Might have to compromise and only move 20 miles east of Edmond. It's not really Redneck but it's close.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? How did you come to that conclusion? LOL. How many of these atheists do you know?

Damn auto correct. Should be empathize.

Considering that morals are religion based it stands to reason that the godless lack morals. Sure they claim that morals don't come from religion, but everyone knows that's a load of crap.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, I thought that if kids are under the "age of accountability", they go to Heaven regardless but I can't find a verse to back that up.

Wait a minute, I just found something about when David knocked up Bathsheba, God says he'll take the child, etc. After the child dies, David stops mourning and when they ask him why he stopped, David says, "why should I mourn, I will go to him but he will not return to me." I suppose that's implying that wee babies go to Heaven.

There is also Jesus in the New Testament stating the following:

Matthew 18:3 - "and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye turn, and become as little children, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 19:14 - "But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven."

As for the comments of others regarding a fetus, I imagine God calls them a baby. The Bible teaches that we are made up of the physical being, a spirit (which goes back to God upon death), and the soul. While I can't say when the "life" begins, many claim that at conception, the embryo has the DNA of both parents, thus has its own specific DNA. Also, as an aside question, what sparks the heart to begin beating in the developing child? Could it be God is doing that?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you know this, but yes, this place is one of my favorite gas stations...and I haves several of those.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-shortstop-grill-garfield

Also I must give Lurker66 credit for the whole telling people on the internet I'm gay thing. It's way more fun than I thought it would be, but I stole it 100% from him. Unlike values, humor is not up for sale, you have to steal it from others and refurbish it to make it work for you.

Random pic thread from a few years ago IIRC and a short discussion about it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, I thought that if kids are under the "age of accountability", they go to Heaven regardless but I can't find a verse to back that up.

What of tribes in South America and Malaysia (they still exist) that have never been contacted by modern humans. The adults never had a chance to know about Christianity. Are they damned?

With respect to this one, I'll have to defer to God. He is the final judge. Regardless of my beliefs, and they are strong in Biblical teaching, I cannot judge others, either those that are untaught regarding Christianity (or any other religion) or those that live their lives and worship differently than I. All I can say is that I follow the Bible as much as possible. Yes, I too am a sinner, but I do my best to better myself, and that includes regular attendance at church among like-minded individuals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom