are godless kids doomed?...and other fun stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
As for the comments of others regarding a fetus, I imagine God calls them a baby. The Bible teaches that we are made up of the physical being, a spirit (which goes back to God upon death), and the soul. While I can't say when the "life" begins, many claim that at conception, the embryo has the DNA of both parents, thus has its own specific DNA. Also, as an aside question, what sparks the heart to begin beating in the developing child? Could it be God is doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that for the many times the Bible has been translated and copied, everything in the Dead Sea Scrolls has corroborated what is in the Bible to this day.

Woody

I won't swear by it as I'm not a Biblical scholar, but I thought the Dead Sea Scrolls did more to corroborate the books of the Old Testament. I need to look into that.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I'll stick with the literal of the American Standard Version of 1901. Relative meaning simply means that someone has construed the actual text of the Bible in a different way, thus leaving the relative meaning weak and perhaps even wrong.

So, if your eye is causing you to sin then you are going to gouge it out? Or, should the relative meaning be taken?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to ask - Where do Atheist get their values?
Great question. The short answer is values are evolved psychological mechanisms. The long answer is, well, too long for me to dive into right now; but this video hits a few important points on the topic: [video]https://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind#t-1096761[/video], and I'd be curious to hear your response after watching it.
OKCHunter, or anyone else that's been asking "where do atheists get their values", what do you think about this perspective?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKCHunter, or anyone else that's been asking "where do atheists get their values", what do you think about this perspective?

Other than wanting to puke because I felt like I was in a room full of liberals, I pretty much agree with everything the presenter discussed. In fact, it reaffirmed my belief in conservatism. Also, the 5 basic morals that he states we are all born with - Yep, placed in the human soul / brain by God.

One more thought - According to the presenter, if Liberals had their way society would devolve into chaos.

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't swear by it as I'm not a Biblical scholar, but I thought the Dead Sea Scrolls did more to corroborate the books of the Old Testament. I need to look into that.

Yes, I believe you are right about the Dead Sea Scrolls corroborating the Old Testament, and since Jesus did his teaching on the Old Testament, there is a link between the old and the new.

Bear in mind that I am not a biblical scholar either. I just do my best to put two and two together.

Woody

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than wanting to puke because I felt like I was in a room full of liberals, I pretty much agree with everything the presenter discussed. In fact, it reaffirmed my belief in conservatism. Also, the 5 basic morals that he states we are all born with - Yep, placed in the human soul / brain by God.

One more thought - According to the presenter, if Liberals had their way society would devolve into chaos.
Cool!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Problem with "God" placing said basic morals in the brain is that it's found in many cultures across the world. So there is no proof that "he" put it there, nor which "god" it is that may have put it there.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with "God" placing said basic morals in the brain is that it's found in many cultures across the world. So there is no proof that "he" put it there, nor which "god" it is that may have put it there.

God is the creator of all. Why would he not place these basic morals in all people / cultures?

Latest posts

Top Bottom