Are Ruger 10/22's hard to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's worse in other states...friends report empty gunstore shelves...and stores unable to restock on about anything because everything gun and ammo related is gone from the distributors and backordered otherwise.

At least here the gunstores have firearms in the racks and showcases...and SOME ammo(that isn't popular calibers)...I have not noted any real price-gouging in any of the stores I've visited around here either..

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some think older 10/22's are worth more than new ones because they believe the older ones with metal parts are better than new with plastic parts. That being said I don't believe they are worth the $100.00 preimum some seem to be asking. Last 10/22 I bought was at a pawn shop for $150.00 and it was an older gun. Doubt I'll ever buy another one as $150.00 is about what I think they are worth and the odds of finding one at that price again is pretty slim.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like my 10/22. I prefer my Marlin 60. I enjoy shooting my Savage Mark II lefty bolt-action more than either.

Challenge: Put 5 rounds in the center of a target, keep it within a 2" group @ 50 yards and 4" group @ 100 yards with a ruger 10/22....open sights.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Challenge: Put 5 rounds in the center of a target, keep it within a 2" group @ 50 yards and 4" group @ 100 yards with a ruger 10/22....open sights.

Allow an optic and I'll show you a half inch five shot group at 100 yards... But like the other guy, theres a lot of money in my rifle. I think the only factory parts left on it is the receiver.

Most people like the older 10/22's w/metal fire controls. I like the new polymer/plastic setup. The tolerances are tighter, the finish is nicer, and plastic doesn't get cold like that nasty pot metal they used to cast with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom