Are they not screening for crazy anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
5,891
Reaction score
2,091
Location
Oxford, MS
lots about this stuff is shocking. it's also shocking how many people want to assign blanket positions to an entire group of people that spans race, nationality and political affiliation.
 

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Joined
Jun 12, 2022
Messages
533
Reaction score
827
Location
lawton
lots about this stuff is shocking. it's also shocking how many people want to assign blanket positions to an entire group of people that spans race, nationality and political affiliation.
If you study ancient history its pretty clear when and how this problem originated. Recent history confirms.
 

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Joined
Jun 12, 2022
Messages
533
Reaction score
827
Location
lawton
are you referring to the issues in the middle east or the history of homosexuality? Because both seem to be represented by overly broad statements in this thread.
Mid East.

IMHO homosexuality and all that is growing from it, is at least a psycho emotional disorder, very possibly demonically inspired.
 

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
2,656
Reaction score
4,536
Location
Edmond
Thats right, stolen land. Dont be a tool of the Zionists.

lots about this stuff is shocking. it's also shocking how many people want to assign blanket positions to an entire group of people that spans race, nationality and political affiliation.


At what point does a minority position become materially insignificant? 20%...10%...2%


I doubt every person in Hiroshima supported the Emperor. But the vast majority did. Should we have not dropped the bomb because 5% of the pop was anti Emperor?


Serious moral question there.

Sometimes blanket positions are not only appropriate, but are needed. Such as warfare. And if you think you are not part of a culture war you need to open your eyes.

I guarantee I'm classified as a "Magat" by most libs, yet I dont like or support Trump. You think that will gain me any favors from them?
 

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
5,891
Reaction score
2,091
Location
Oxford, MS
At what point does a minority position become materially insignificant? 20%...10%...2%


I doubt every person in Hiroshima supported the Emperor. But the vast majority did. Should we have not dropped the bomb because 5% of the pop was anti Emperor?


Serious moral question there.

Sometimes blanket positions are not only appropriate, but are needed. Such as warfare. And if you think you are not part of a culture war you need to open your eyes.

I guarantee I'm classified as a "Magat" by most libs, yet I dont like or support Trump. You think that will gain me any favors from them?

why is a blanket statement about homosexuals in countries that are not directly involved 'needed' here? As i said, it's ridiculous to make blanket statements about which group a gay person would and would not support in the middle east since being gay doesn't lock someone into a position on the issue of what is and is not a genocide or justified response.

Heck, even being Jewish doesn't mean that a person has to agree with what the Israeli government has done in response.

And the statistical importance of a minority position is irrelevant. The context of the position is important, however. If you are referring to passing laws that limit the rights of someone else, should it matter if it's 1% or 20% or 49%? But if you are talking about the context of waging a war against a population it'd be a different discussion.

Would you kill 49% of a population because you hate the other 51%? There is a moral question for you.

I doubt it wont ever make full sense if you are trying to math out the pros and cons.
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom