Aren't carry permits nothing more than gun registration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh, hopefully we'll get constitutional carry this session. I doubt it, since they're putting it on a ballot as a state question to the sheeple, but a guy can dream. Hell, I doubt open carry would have passed if they had left it up to a ballot question.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when they come for our guns you my friend will be first.

Well, we're living in one of the most gun friendly states in the union.

By the time I obtained my CC Permit, I already had my Curio and Relics Federal Firearms License, had a couple dozen puchases under my belt with it, had a handful of guns prior to that I had to have background checks for, and was getting ready to purchase rifles through the CMP.

My Kahr PM9 with a seven round capacity at the time was probably the least of their worries. :)

tman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Research the legal definition of a license,...... it is,.... PERMISSION, to do something that would otherwise be illegal (i.e. a privilege)....!! Now,...how do we let this happen, and when do we need a license to exercise a protected constitutional freedom?? You immediately convert your freedom to a privilege by the application/acceptance of any license!!! I call BS

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own a gun I just got my license, just incase I get one in the future. As for all the info on the application, their really isn't anything on their they don't already know. I know of people that didn't follow through on getting their license because of the background check, all they're doing is checking what they already know about you and seeing if your a felon.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
being required to ask permission to excercise a right, from an organization that has no authority to grant, or withhold, that permission, is infringement.

asking permission validates that infringement.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course we already have universal human registration in this country -- everyone is required to get a birth certificate when they are born and a death certificate when they die. IMO gun registration kind of pales in comparison to that. See how far you make it in society without a birth certificate (waiting for the Obama wisecracks). The point being, people in this country already put up with a whole lot of infringement on their rights and privacy, and don't think a thing of it. It is pretty hard to break out of the paradigm under which you live, but that is what we have to help people do if we are going to have half a chance at turning back this tide of collectivism.

DNA for the army was a swab and a huge blood sample that soaked this weird piece of cotton like material.

Latest posts

Top Bottom