AT&T customers, get 1000 free roll over minutes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't say what is happening in your area. I do know that I've had one voice mail that was delayed for a couple of hours, but thats the only one.
I do read reports of what your talking about going on in metro areas though.
Verizon is getting ready to capitalize on this if I'm not incorrect.

They'll definitely be capitalizing on it out here with the iPhone. Almost everyone I know with an iPhone complains because (until recently) they couldn't get 3G service until they got closer to the metro. Within the last year, AT&T has added 3G coverage in Weatherford with a low-powered antenna that doesn't cover much area, but that's about it.

Verizon is 3G here, and a bunch of the iPhone fanboys are ready to pay the ETF to change... especially after playing on my Evo on Sprint (same towers as Verizon here). There's been a lot of times where I've let them look for something online with my phone, and they comment that I shouldn't hijack people's wifi. I show them that I don't even have the wifi on, and they get quite the attitude.

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to a response on the link, texting "yes" may have just extended your contract with AT&T. Also, if you read further on the comments provided by that link, a few people have stated they called AT&T and AT&T states it's not their promotion. Just be cautious before you jump on the bandwagon by texting "YES" to any number. I used to work in sales so I can smell a scam a mile away.

** Plus, if it were truly a gift, why would you have to text a "yes" anyway, they should just automatically just "add" the "free" minutes to your account. lol

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with ATT and a rural customer. I almost never get text messages sent to me, so I have instructed all my friends not to send them ( I hate them anyway). I have had voice mails delayed for over 24 hours. Dropped calls, all the time. I do use an ATT wireless card for my internet, and besides a period of time last year, where a software upgrade caused me no end of problems, it works flawlessly. I have checked with other people on other networks around here and they experience similar problems, so I'm sticking with ATT, I figure better the devil you know.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did some quick internet research and I find it very odd that AT&T hasn't advertised this directly. I'm only finding alerts from slickdeals, fatwallet, etc...

I think I'll just wait a few days and make sure there aren't any strings and it's really AT&T. According to what I read, it's good until the end of March so I can afford to wait and see how it shakes out.

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of ATT wireless.. Anyone else's phone just quit working till you turn it off and back on. Myself and two others I know on ATT have this problem. When someone calls it immediately goes to voice mail like your phone is turned off. If you try to call out it looks like it's calling but never completes the call. Turning it off and back on wakes it up and everything is fine. These are different phone models all doing the same thing.

My Iphone 4 has done it twice now...Im glad to see its not an issue with just my phone..

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1,000 minutes doesn't matter when you can't keep a call connected anyways

For reals...

I had AT&T and my wife still does (iPhone user). It works well enough in town in Tulsa but that's about it.

I got a Verizon work phone and it is leagues above in signal reception, all over the country.

I got no beef with AT&T, customer service and billing was always fair enough. But the call and signal quality is inferior.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are six guys on the crew I work on. In the past year we have worked in in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, and in Montana. Two of us have ATT (I am on of them, we both have Iphones), two have Verizon Droids, and two have Sprint one with a droid and one with a p.o.s. palm.

There have only been two places where those of us with ATT had better service than the Verizon guys. One was Douglas Wyoming, and the other was in the middle of the Nebraska Sand Hills. Both are low population areas. Everywhere else we were either equal or Verizon was better. Many places such as in SD the two of us with ATT had no service for over a week. Sprint is pretty equivalent to Verizon as far as I can tell. Both are way better than ATT.

I live near 19th st and S.F. in Moore, and I truthfully drop 1/3 to 1/2 of my calls. I've dropped more calls this weekend on att than I dropped in two years on Verizon/Alltel. I can't wait to leave att.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a single problem with AT&t. Can count the droped calls on one hand. Been a custome of At&t since the mid 70's.

I suspect the dropped calls, (according to consumer reports) is because of the Iphones taking up bandwidth. With the acquition of new towers, etc, I'm thinking your woes may not be so bad.

BTW, I don't live in a metro area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom