Attacking Iran: Realism and Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it our business, other than to maybe help negotiate some kind of peace agreement? Must we always be involved in the affairs of others?
I'm still working my way through the full detailed report linked to from the OP but one thing stands out:

We are, and have been for a very long time, up to our necks in the politics of the region.
Read about all the defensive missile and radar systems we are deploying in the region and you have to wonder WHY?

We borrow billions from China to defend Quatar and UAE and Saudi and I can't figure out why that is our responsibility alone.

At least, I hope those countries are helping pay for all those defensive systems we are already engaged with.

But I doubt it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing really.

If that is true then Iran having nuclear weapons is a direct threat to the U.S. as they mullahs and ammenutjob have made it very clear their intentions are to destroy the western world and bring about the caliphate over the whole earth.
I would rather believe that the majority of Iranians do not subscribe to that notion.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still working my way through the full detailed report linked to from the OP but one thing stands out:

We are, and have been for a very long time, up to our necks in the politics of the region.
Read about all the defensive missile and radar systems we are deploying in the region and you have to wonder WHY?

We borrow billions from China to defend Quatar and UAE and Saudi and I can't figure out why that is our responsibility alone.

At least, I hope those countries are helping pay for all those defensive systems we are already engaged with.

But I doubt it.

Hell, half of Iran's air defense is either stuff WE GAVE THEM, Iranian copies of what we gave them, or thinly veiled upgrades to those older American designs.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the reason why is a competition for resources. About a decade ago it was determined the countries of the Northern hemisphere had a better quality of life and more stable governments. Since that time, we have been trying to get Southern Hemisphere countries to follow along. Think Africa, Middle east, Indonesia, South America. Many have bought into Democracy, Capitolism, the countries that havent, are having problems now with Revolutions, Uprisings, Terrorism, Drug Cartels and generally maintaining a stable Govt.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not all bad news though. Investment opportunities are golden:

UAE • The UAE is so far the first GCC country to buy the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense
(THAAD) missile system.

• On Dec 31, 2011 Pentagon announced that the UAE will be buying 2 full THAAD
batteries, 96 missiles, 2 Raytheon AN/TPY-2 radars, and 30 years of spare parts. Total
Value $3.34 billion.

• In 2008 the UAE ordered Patriot PAC-3: 10 fire units, 172 missiles, First delivery 2009.

Kuwait July 2012, Pentagon informed Congress of a plan to sell Kuwait $4.2 billion in weapon
systems, including 60 PAC-3 missiles, 20 launching platforms and 4 radars. This will be in
addition to the 350 Patriot missiles bought between 2007 and 2010. In 1992, Kuwait
bought 210 of the earlier generation Patriots and 25 launchers. Kuwait bought a further
140 more in 2007.

Saudi Arabia In 2011 Saudi Arabia signed a $1.7 billion US contract to upgrade it’s Patriot anti-missile
system.

Qatar The U.S. is building a Missile Warning Facility in Qatar that would utilize an AN/TPY-2-X
Band Radar.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any idea how capable the ECM/ECCM technologies are in the Patriot missile system? Or guesses as to the effectiveness of the Iranian's air defense in stopping them?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reports & discussions I've read are that little Israel going it alone might use a initial massive EMP attack to blind Iran's radar and disable most all of their missile / military offensive cabilities.. such as trucks / computers / communications.. sending the Mullahs back to the early 1800's... followed by small tactical nuclear strikes at key nuclear production storage facilities making them so radioactive that salvaging any useable materials from the area [even trying to get items from underground bunkers] would be nye impossible.

Without electical power and most all of their trucks & automobile computers having being fried by a EMP attack, the Iranians would be back to riding camels & donkeys. Their already fragile water, sewer & electrical system would immediately collapse. Then within days, the government would be over taken by the population rioting & killing for food & water. Without sewage disposal capabilities.. disease would spread like wild fire.

Side Note: As a Christian, I know that in the Bible it predicts that in the last days there will be a battle where the blood of the dead will run to the "HORSES" necks. I've wondered for years why they would be riding horses? Is it because all their vehicles were disabled due to EMP attacks? I don't know if anyone else has noticed.. but it seems horse ranches have been on the increase in the last 20 yrs. There are 1/2 dozen in my area alone and they are all over the state. I sometimes wonder if this increase in the numbers of horses being raised is a precursor pointing to the end times predictions.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reports & discussions I've read are that little Israel going it alone might use a initial massive EMP attack to blind Iran's radar and disable most all of their missile / military offensive cabilities.. such as trucks / computers / communications.. sending the Mullahs back to the early 1800's... followed by small tactical nuclear strikes at key nuclear production storage facilities making them so radioactive that salvaging any useable materials from the area [even trying to get items from underground bunkers] would be nye impossible.

Without electical power and most all of their trucks & automobile computers having being fried by a EMP attack, the Iranians would be back to riding camels & donkeys. Their already fragile water, sewer & electrical system would immediately collapse. Then within days, the government would be over taken by the population rioting & killing for food & water. Without sewage disposal capabilities.. disease would spread like wild fire.

Side Note: As a Christian, I know that in the Bible it predicts that in the last days there will be a battle where the blood of the dead will run to the "HORSES" necks. I've wondered for years why they would be riding horses? Is ir because all their vehicles were been disabled due to EMP attacks? I don't know if anyone else has noticed.. but it seems horse ranches have been on the increase in the last 20 yrs. There are 1/2 dozen in my area alone and they are all over the state. I sometimes wonder if this increase in the numbers of horses being raised is a precursor pointing to the end times predictions.
So you're predicting that Israel will employ nuclear weapons first in a sneak attack then?
Sort of like destroying the village to save the village.

No Way.

You need to find another "source".

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're predicting that Israel will employ nuclear weapons first in a sneak attack then?
Sort of like destroying the village to save the village.

No Way.

You need to find another "source".

Iran has pledged to use a atomic weapon on Israel the very first oportunity they have! The Iranian President has said on many occasions that as soon as they have a device they will use it. Iran doesn't care if Jerusalem or any holy site is destroyed..or even if Iran is destroyed... so long as Israel is wiped off the face of the earth and all Jews with it. So of course Israel would do a first strike. It will do what ever is necessary to survive. Their creed is "Never Again!" and they darn well mean it.

So I believe it is you who needs to find a better 'source".

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iran has pledged to use a atomic weapon on Israel the very first oportunity they have! The Iranian President has said on many occasions that as soon as they have a device they will use it. Iran doesn't care if Jerusalem or any holy site is destroyed..or even if Iran is destroyed... so long as Israel is wiped off the face of the earth and all Jews with it. So of course Israel would do a first strike. It will do what ever is necessary to survive. Their creed is "Never Again!" and they darn well mean it.

So I believe it is you who need to find a better 'source".
You're saying that Israel will First Use nukes and I'm saying you're full of it.

But keep on beating those war drums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom