Aztec Mexican grille OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spending two months a couple miles from the Mexican border this winter pretty much spoiled us for authentic Mexican food.
No hablo engli. Look at a pic on the menu and point.

There's some decent places around to find it in OKC, but it ain't places like San Marcos, Chelinos, or Abuelos. More along the lines of what Cohiba mentioned.

I know a few around Tulsa as well. El Refugio Azteca, Calaveras, Tacos El Rinconcito, Tacos Don Francisco, Tacos San Pedro, Mr Tacos, El Rio Verde (popular but not my pick over the others listed). Casa San Marcos has lots of good seafood items.

Casa Tequila is a bit fancier, more like a typical restaurant. And maybe a bit more Tex-Mex ish in nature, but they still have some traditional fare and a much larger drink menu if you or the wife wants a big margarita or something. We go there since it's around a miles away and the wife and kids are more comfortable there.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's a few minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I'm too old to waste time, so maybe I need to put druryj on an "ignore" list?

You know, after thinking about your comment some, maybe you should. That way, if I post something sarcastic or that is otherwise uninteresting to you, you won't be able to read it and I won't have to be worried that I offended you with my sarcasm or lame comments. I think your idea is a fine one. Ignore away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, I am the opposite, I like Tex-Mex over real Mexican food.:lmfao::sunbath:
I think the only reason we overindulged was because we have nothing but hamburger, chicken, rice and beans in a dozen variants in our local tex mex restaurants with some different sauces. We don't get the opportunity to actually experience what you folks in the bigger cities do. We had authentic barbacoa, tex mex barbacoa, Enmolada, Chiles en Nogada, Cemita Poblana, many different types of street tacos, and a dozen other fresh seafood entrees in little hole in the wall restaurants or sometimes just shade covers along the mercado or in the flea markets.
Most of the time we had no clue what they were other than a picture, and can't remember one dish that we didn't like.
Looking forward to next winter in the same place.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, after thinking about your comment some, maybe you should. That way, if I post something sarcastic or that is otherwise uninteresting to you, you won't be able to read it and I won't have to be worried that I offended you with my sarcasm or lame comments. I think your idea is a fine one. Ignore away.

Not happening...

...you aren't gonna get off that easy.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll stick with Teds. I wish Ninos was still around and Nino still ran it. That was some of the best Mexican I’ve ever ate. I love Polos in ada too. It used to be in Seminole and they closed it for some dang reason. I have so many memories of going there when I was a kid. Now if I want to go there I have to drive to ada. We are getting some kind of Mexican restaurant here in Shawnee. Whoever it is must be a millionaire. They bought the old delta restaurant on Kickapoo and they have put so much money in it I can’t even believe it. The place better be good. I was hoping it was teds but as usual our town can’t get anything good. We always get second rate crap. I did hear we are getting an academy though!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom