B-21 Raider? - Am I sheltered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most times I would agree. The only real exception is when you really need to impress upon some tin pot dictator that messing with the US is not in his best interest. Then nothing beats an arc light raid on his palace.
I agree, and would add the 16 inch guns of an Iowa class battleship on the horizon……

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, and would add the 16 inch guns of an Iowa class battleship on the horizon……
For those I would have loved to see the 11" Guided Sabot round they were toying with. It had one hell of a range and was laser guided.

Edit: This link says they were GPS guided, but what I'm thinking of wasn't a cluster munition round. :anyone:

Long Range Naval Guns

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of it yes, but a lot they stole by hacking the government's computers.
The Chinese hacked the defense contractor's computers not actual DOD computers to get F35 and other stealth tech-related data.

Not saying they don't try to break into .gov systems but the stealth data hacks have been on Lockheed Martin and other private contractors.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a piece a couple of
The Chinese hacked the defense contractor's computers not actual DOD computers to get F35 and other stealth tech-related data.

Not saying they don't try to break into .gov systems but the stealth data hacks have been on Lockheed Martin and other private contractors.
I read a piece a couple of years ago saying that while the government was denying it, there was a lot of proof the Chinese hacked the DOD, Whitehouse and congressional computers.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, doesn't the B-52 carry more bombs?
The B-52 is slow, large, and not at all stealthy. Fairly easy targets for fighters or missiles. I have seen them making low-level runs on the range, and you can see and hear them from miles away. I once worked on F-111D fighter-bombers, which were fast, but still not stealthy. Mach-II and designed to carry nuclear bombs. Two of them internally. The A variant used in Viet Nam was called Whispering Death, since you couldn't hear them coming until the shock wave hit, but they didn't have the payload of a B-52. Back then they mostly dropped lots of dumb bombs from high altitude. Which only works if you own the skys. Later, during Desert Storm, they were dropping lots of smart bombs or cruise missiles. Except for the B-52s, everything I worked with is now obsolete. The stuff they have now is either faster, stealthier, or both. And they're going for faster still.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom