Baby that was flash-banged is responsible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is saying all cops are bad(we've been down that road and most of those people are banned). This is why we can now have somewhat civil discussions because we got rid of the yahoos. That being said, there certainly is cause for concern with the continuedl militarization of police departments across the states. If you don't think it is a problem, you have had your head buried in the sand. Most of my encounters with law enforcement has been positive, but there have also been more than I would prefer that were negative an no fault of my own. It has jaded me some, but I still continue to show respect have faith that most are good....I'm just a lot more cautious nowadays.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is that your expert medical opinion? Tell me, where did you do your psych residency?

If it helps, the three degrees I have were not in sarcasm.

I didn't say "all law enforcement is a danger to society."

For starters, I never said you did. Try moving your lips when you read ... more on "try reading for comprehension" in a minute. But since you mentioned it, in the context of all the whining you do about rights that LEOs have, you are not saying that? If that is so, then why all of the badge envy?

You're kidding yourself if you think it only happens in Baltimore. Yes, the focus is there right now, so we're seeing deeper investigation--with more damning results--there, but if you think Baltimore is a blight on an otherwise-saintly nation, I have a bridge for sale.

Show of hands: who thinks we mere subjects would get the same consideration if being investigated? Who thinks that it's fair that if I whack somebody in the head with a club, I live under a multi-year statute of limitations, but if I wear a shiny tin star, my statute of limitations is only 90 days? Anybody?

Government actors are asking for special exemption from the rules the rest of us obey under threat of force. "Equal protection" my foot.

Great, another "special class" who get more rights than the rest of us.

However, if you can find a way to identify which ones are dangerous at any given time, I think we'd all be interested. Maybe special badges...but given than an individual officer can be a credit to the uniform most of the time and still do something wrong from time-to-time, you'll probably need something electronic to give a real-time status.

Honestly Dave, I can’t tell if you are sarcastic or a moron at this point. As to the latter …

Never said the stats classes were taught in the dorms. I said I lived in the dorms, which were located in the same ZIP code as the rest of the campus. Try reading for comprehension next time.

You either took the course in the dorms (where you got an “A”… which I assume is a grade and not code for a body part) or you missed the grammar class.

I lived in the dorms at OU, where they teach statistics, so you blew that one.

Which is absolutely priceless considering this …

I'm sick of idiots who can't even manage a grammatically-correct sentence. You averaged more than one error per sentence. FFS, didn't you ever take a grammar class? (Hey, let's all be judgmental!)

So Dave … you keep skirting the question. Why the emotional attachment to this issue? You seem to dial up a great deal of passion and animus towards those in law enforcement. Why?

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for am looking forward to living in JB's camps. Where we will all get along and live in harmony.

DIBS on a top bunk!!

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Wiki"

“emblem of that force”

“thin end of the “wedge”

“breaking into homes”

“exercise their domain over you”

“spell it out for you”

“daddy issues”.

(“per se”).

“Dr. Seuss”

“Green Eggs and Ham”

“exercising their domain”

"word means what you think it means".

“Caojyn”
“teaching moment”

. “problem”

“in the dorm rooms”

cdn.smosh.com_sites_default_files_bloguploads_quotation_marks_video_camera.jpg

You write "like an *******". Maybe you should take a relaxing vacation to Thailand and have congress with some cute:

cdn.smosh.com_sites_default_files_legacy.images_smosh_pit_012011_quotation_mark_women.jpg

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you ever had a mentally challenged family member killed by a LEO? Have you ever read the police report and the autopsy at the same time and wondered why if the family member was 4" taller than the cop that the billet path of the head shot was at about a 30 degree angle downward?

Vaguely sounds like a case in MO last year where a man named Michael Brown played his Darwin Card when he committed felony assault on a LEO. Is that what you are referring to?

Have you ever …

Again … I never said that LEOs can’t make horrendous mistakes or that there are a few bad ones. And I agree that they should not be held accountable like anyone else accountable. What I am saying is that if one wants to say that “all”, “most” or “many” LEOs are a “danger to society” they need to take a double tap of Midol and do some honest research. Try that and see if it helps.

I know that all cops aren't bad, I know quite a few good cops, but I have met just as many that I wouldn't turn my back to.

After doing the math on who you know and what you don’t know you seem conflicted. Be that as it may, let’s look at your statement at face value. You are prejudging people based on the actions of others. That makes you a bigot. Might want another bump of Midol and check out the special below before replying.

http://www.homelandstores.com/pd/Reynolds/Aluminum-Foil/1-ct/010900080316/

These no knock warrants are unethical and not safe for the public. As a suspect, I still have rights and those rights include being safe in my home.

“No Knock Warrants” are intended to utilize surprise in order to minimize injury to a suspect and to those enforcing the warrant. To this, they are not “unethical” by design, but without careful planning they can go horribly wrong as evidenced by this case and others. I will agree that given the risk, unless they were the only means available they should not be pursued.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vaguely sounds like a case in MO last year where a man named Michael Brown played his Darwin Card when he committed felony assault on a LEO. Is that what you are referring to?

Again … I never said that LEOs can’t make horrendous mistakes or that there are a few bad ones. And I agree that they should not be held accountable like anyone else accountable. What I am saying is that if one wants to say that “all”, “most” or “many” LEOs are a “danger to society” they need to take a double tap of Midol and do some honest research. Try that and see if it helps.

After doing the math on who you know and what you don’t know you seem conflicted. Be that as it may, let’s look at your statement at face value. You are prejudging people based on the actions of others. That makes you a bigot. Might want another bump of Midol and check out the special below before replying.

http://www.homelandstores.com/pd/Reynolds/Aluminum-Foil/1-ct/010900080316/

“No Knock Warrants” are intended to utilize surprise in order to minimize injury to a suspect and to those enforcing the warrant. To this, they are not “unethical” by design, but without careful planning they can go horribly wrong as evidenced by this case and others. I will agree that given the risk, unless they were the only means available they should not be pursued.

No, dipshit, the first case was my brother. I have reviewed both the autopsy and police reports.

Obviously, you're so far up your own ass that can't see the truth. Cops do not have special rights that are more important than those they suspect of committing petty crimes.

How many no knock warrants are served on murder suspects vs suspected drug dealers. Regardless of your opinion, or laws on the books, dealing drugs is a petty crime.

Regardless, the public is growing increasingly leery of law enforcement. What are you doing to resolve that little problem? Criticizing citizens or massaging your own cop ego by telling us that we should respect your authority?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, dipshit, the first case was my brother. I have reviewed both the autopsy and police reports.

Sorry for your loss. Since you opened the door, why did the police kill your brother? I am betting that he was not swimming the 50 yard freestyle in the Special Olympics.

Obviously, you're so far up your own ass that can't see the truth. Cops do not have special rights that are more important than those they suspect of committing petty crimes.

How do you get from a no-knock warrant to LEOs having “special rights”? And are you related to RidgeHunter?

How many no knock warrants are served on murder suspects vs suspected drug dealers. Regardless of your opinion, or laws on the books, dealing drugs is a petty crime.

The question comparing warrant causes stumps me as much as the one about the tea in China does.

Second point is that that you are trying (poorly) to rationalize drug use and the selling of a controlled substance. Kind of ignorant in a special needs kind of way. Then again, that’s not a huge surprise.

But let’s take your thinking a step further. Given that many people have to steal and commit other more serious crimes to support their illegal drug habit, this contributing factor makes “drug dealing” a petty crime? Let’s say you worked and something that you worked reasonably hard for by your low standards was stolen; that’s OK if it supports someone’s drug habit? How about if someone you know was hurt because a doper was trying to liberate their funds to support their illegal habit and pay their local drug dealer? This makes drug dealing a petty crime? Given such a perversion to even libertarian ideology, do you think it is OK to sell sexual favors to support drug use? If so, do you ever give RidgeHunter the family discount?

Regardless, the public is growing increasingly leery of law enforcement.

Especially the public that is genetically challenged and tries to rationalize drug use.

What are you doing to resolve that little problem?

Honestly not much because I don’t see the problem that a whiny veterinary term of a female dog who is rationalizing the selling of controlled substances does. To this, is the problem as you see it that the judge approved the warrant (and in many jurisdictions it is the judge that decides if the warrant is a knock and announce or a no-knock), the tactic of using a “flash bang” is such a bad choice on a variety of levels, that you don’t care about the safety of LEOs trying to do their job OR that you think those selling illegal drugs should just be left alone?

Criticizing citizens or massaging your own cop ego by telling us that we should respect your authority?

Remind me again why would I care if you “respect” me? As well, if you cannot handle criticism on an open forum such as this, you might want to grab a tissue and try my recommendation for the pop of Midol.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one appreciate this thread because I had never heard of this incident(I guess I need to watch more 20/20). I would have never guessed that a flash/bang grenade could do all that damage or would have ever been throw into an occupied crib. I do think that county should stop making excuses and pay for that child's medical bills. They shouldn't even have to be sued for the damages they know that they caused.

I'm sorry I interrupted the pissing contest.:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom