Back From Mexico...What Did I Miss??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back from Cozumel last night..or was it early this morning??!! Never again!! That place was busier and crazier than Walmart during Christmas.

Taxi's buzzing everywhere, people (tourist) in a hurry to get and go everywhere!!! Never been to Cozumel before this trip and I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Beach was nice, hotel was nice, everything and everyone else was crazy.

Is Cozumel the new "Girls Gone Wild" destination?? It's bad when the ladies take off their skimpy bikinis and let the twins and carpet run free!!!

My wife and I were betting which twins were real, which ones had silicone, and which ones should have been kept in the stable....to old to keep up in the race. Saw a few "C" sections, stretch marks, and a few tummies that had been stretched by having several kids. Guess that's what the tequila and mezcal were good for??!!

Most of the "hotties" were Hispinac and most of the "please keep it on..please"..were American??!!

Mezcal. ...mmmmmm, good.

Diving was nice, food nice, Cuban cigars..okay. Mexico and further South ....they just don't understand humidification and when they did..it wasn't done correctly.

Vegas, Vegas, and Vegas for us!!

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you stay? We've been to Cozumel many times and never saw much topless much less bottomless except in remote Eastside locations.

Coz

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We stayed at Playa Azul..it was very nice and quiet. It was everywhere else on the beaches and beach bars the women went wild.

Playa Azul was my and my wife's speed...nice and slow. Cozumel itself really surprised me. The "main" street looked nice..if you can call anything in Mexico nice...we went shopping in a nice"main street" area. The store I liked the most was La Europea..liquor store..had good selection of tequila and mezcal. They even had Sal de Gusano for my mezcal. The prices were better that Toby or Mega..I can't remember the super market just to the West of La Europea..if that was the correct dirrection.

The reason i said "nice" is just a half block behind the nice stores was the real Mexico. The streets were narrow and most..one way. Then the shops looked run down. We met some friends at a local bar in a questionable part of town..Wet Wendy's Bar. The bar was an outside bar in a ..okay area. There was a Cuban cigar store next to it..Havana Bob's that tried to humidify their cigars.

I didn't even try to figure out the points..N, S, E, W...just take the main road.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been to Wet Wendys many times. Play Azul is vey nice. We have never stayed there but have been to their bar and beach. There is hardly a street in Cozumel I haven't been down. Did you make it to the East (other side, wild side) of the Island?

Coz

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been twice. Once was 12 years ago, and it was really nice. Then the hurricane hit. We went back 2 years ago and apparently it's now more like the Cancun than before. It was enjoyable, but a lot busier and in your face than I remembered.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took this picture in Cozumel two years ago:

533205_10151126859501690_717583727_n.jpg

It was at the Nachi Cocom private beach. The same beach they used for at least one of the Corona commercials. 200-300 yards of white sand beach and the only other people out there were at the very end, so it was basically our beach.

The first time I was in Cozumel was in 2000 when we went to Cancun for our senior trip. I don't think it was the fact that I was young, but it seemed much different back then. Less party-like and more family oriented. A couple of summers ago it reminded me of Cancun Part 2.

I'll be in Playa Del Carmen in about 3-4 weeks for a friend's wedding. I'm excited to go on vacation again, but I'm getting bored with going to Mexico every time I leave the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom