Bacon Grease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a big mug of grease on the counter right now. I like the bacon crispy/crunchy/damn near burned. I usually make a big mess, but what the Hell, it's MY kitchen!

I put a modest scoop of the good stuff into my carnitas the other night. Sssshhhh....don't tell Mrs. Zap....

Leftovers are heating up now in the cast iron Dutch oven.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! I cook it in the package in the microwave.

Cut a slit in the top and cook it 5 mins at a time until it suits ya (I like mine limp, not crispy - but it won't crisp in the microwave anyway).

Pour the grease out through the slit into a bowl (put down paper towels, this can be a bit messy).

1 lb packages work better than the larger ones.
:drunk2:
That's just nasty.

I MW bacon to a crisp all the time. Get a Nordicware or similar bacon dish for the microwave and cover with a paper towel. It has ribs that hold it up out of the grease mostly and then pat it with a paper towel after cooking if you don't like it cooked to brittle. My LG sensorcook MW makes it like a brick, browned and all. I have to pull it a little soon if I use that mode.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bacon grease will stop your arteries up and kill you according to medical authorities. Then we read where a guy is 96 years old and had had bacon and eggs nearly every day of his life. Makes one wonder. The government said charcoaled meat and coffee are harmful then they changed their minds in later years. But so is starvation, it'll literally kill you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom