Badlands Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been really interested in this course if I could ever get the rifle and gear together.

If you don't mind me asking: What did it run you all together with fees, ammo, ect, ect?

Thanks

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bobby and Steve know what they are doing! Great guys. Basic Precision Rifle is $500 for the 4 day course and requires 300rnds of ammo. Advanced sniper 1 is $625 for 5 day course and requires 300rnds of ammo.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most precision rifles I've seen are heavy enough to make the recoil pretty soft. Mine is in .308 and barely moves under recoil.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobby and Steve know what they are doing! Great guys. Basic Precision Rifle is $500 for the 4 day course and requires 300rnds of ammo. Advanced sniper 1 is $625 for 5 day course and requires 300rnds of ammo.

And you might get an opportunity to meet mausermike!

Gosh I miss him.

Michael Brown

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who is mausermike by name?
The class was taught by Bobby Whittington and Steve Suttles.
I went through 300 rounds at the most. I shot my .308 win REM 700, Leupy MKIV 3.5x10x40 TMR M3, 1000 yards no problem. The wind can make it interesting; but the formulas do work well. It got up to 114*F on the second day and the winds were from about 8 to 32 mph during our range time.
I won a bid on a certificate through boomershooter on this site; so I got a great deal on the price. Plus, you can stay in Bobby's dorm/school instead of getting a motel room. It has some beds, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and tv. Plus they are some really nice people. I plan to take the second class next summer.
Equipment wise: I was shooting FGMM 175's through my rifle. 26" Hart 1-12 twist. It shoots a little fast so my elevation adjustments were a little less than some rifles of the same cal. 100 zero-29-31moa @1000 depending upon temp and if there is a headwind to cause lift.
I have a Nikon ED fieldscope it is compact; but the glass is very good. I like it for field use, I may get a larger one for the range. Those guys like the Nikon for the $$$ and quality. Get a tripod that is as short and stable as possible for spotting. I have a Slik that I bought from Precision Rifle Solutions.
I bought my shooting mat on sale through Midway for $50. Good deal. I was using my Harris bi-pod w/ pod-lock and a rear bean sock. You don't need fancy gear. It just needs to be solid and dependable.

Soren

Latest posts

Top Bottom