Best overall pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on best pants available for overall use. I own a couple pairs of the 5.11 pants that are great if you stay on pavement, but the one time I wore a pair into the woods I now have little "thread balls" for lack of a better term, on the legs from the material grabbing thorns and other various plant life. Basically the thorns pulled a tiny bit of material out, creating a little thread ball on the pants now. This doesn't really work, so something with different material than what the 5.11s are made from.

I'm also not looking for jeans as I like the cargo pants for the extra pockets. Between EDC and getting older I find I'm carrying more than jeans can handle.

Thank you ahead of time.

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your local Tractor Supply sells cheap grey or khaki carpenter pants, they've done me very well over the years. I'll have to look what brand they actually are but I bought a stack at $15 each. Or was it $10 each?
Blue Mountain is the manufacturer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom