Best overall pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Duluth Fire Hose pants. I wear them for work (sales job), casual and hard outdoor work. They hold up well. I always wait until they have their big sales as I don’t want to spend $80-90 on a pair. I usually buy them in the $40-45 range. If I get several years out of any pair of pants, I’m happy. Clothes are made to be worn and are therefore “consumable” and must be replaced occasionally.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can comment with credible info.
I just retired from Duluth Trading Co. I earned certification on many of the product lines especially pants.
The Fire Hose pants are great. They have three different weights so you can choose how thick you need them. They also have three different sizes, slim/standard/flex. The construction is second to none. Plenty of pockets, triple stitching on seams, extra material on cuffs, and the crouch gusset. Also, there is a percentage of flex woven into the pants. That really makes the fit in waist and thighs great. Also a one year warranty on workmanship/materials.
Not the cheapest pants, but watch for the discount sales.
I like their pants. One thing though, you better not lie even a little bit about your waist size or they'll make you feel like you're trying on your jeans from high school.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like their pants. One thing though, you better not lie even a little bit about your waist size or they'll make you feel like you're trying on your jeans from high school.
Yes. Waist is pretty accurate, and depending on slim/standard/flex, the waistband sits differently on the hip. People don't know that. Length could be alittle longer than expected. Hardly any shrinkage either way. But use COLD wash only !

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Waist is pretty accurate, and depending on slim/standard/flex, the waistband sits differently on the hip. People don't know that. Length could be alittle longer than expected. Hardly any shrinkage either way. But use COLD wash only !
I sometimes wash mine warm. No issues, but I do dry everything on low and never use fabric softener.

I might, maybe could find about two pair of Wrangler jeans in the back of my closet. Not real sure since I haven't worn anything but DTC pants for at least 5 years. Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the Double Flex jeans. They are just too flexible, but that's what they advertise and they definitely deliver! My favorites are the Duluth Flex Firehose and the Duluth Flex jeans. Straight up the best pants I've ever worn.

Now if they would just put that "pocket in a pocket" on the left side, it holds an extra mag perfectly!

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on best pants available for overall use. I own a couple pairs of the 5.11 pants that are great if you stay on pavement, but the one time I wore a pair into the woods I now have little "thread balls" for lack of a better term, on the legs from the material grabbing thorns and other various plant life. Basically the thorns pulled a tiny bit of material out, creating a little thread ball on the pants now. This doesn't really work, so something with different material than what the 5.11s are made from.

I'm also not looking for jeans as I like the cargo pants for the extra pockets. Between EDC and getting older I find I'm carrying more than jeans can handle.

Thank you ahead of time.
Riggs Workwear by Wrangler. Best rip stop ever.
Pockets galore! I think I got them at Langston’s.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Duluth firehose pants I have a pair that’s almost 10 years old (yeah I’m still the same size lol) but hands down the best I’ve ever worn are kuhl Ryder not cheap but super durable and last really well and not to hot in the summer. The firehose are too hot once it gets into the 80’s for me. I stared buying one pair a year 6 years ago and still have the first pair I bought but they are getting thin in the knees and pockets have ripped at the rivets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom