Ballistol: a new product to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know...I heard that you can sprinkle it around your walk and near your front door and it will keep anti's and liberals away.
Druryj: Went by my gun store today and they have the Ballistol in the liquid (not spray) version. Kind of pricey but a large can. When you finish with the spray, let me know and I'll pick you up a can of just the liquid (non aerosol).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, I've not found anything better than Hoppes #9 for cleaning, but I do use Ballistol when I'm feeling lazy. It does well enough and it's safe for wood stocks and leather. Don't rely on it for long term rust protection, you'll have to wipe down regularly. The mixing with water for blackpowder is just icing. If I could only pick a single gun care product, it would be Ballistol.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I found a place in the city that carries it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't find Ballistol so I order from Amazon with free shipping with my Prime subscription.

I order the cans and pour it into small bottles with spray tops (order comes with a larger spray top for the can) that are easier to handle and take up less room.

I also use precision oilers when I want to get into smaller spaces with no over spray.

$11.99 via Amazon Prime
upload_2017-2-17_23-52-10.png

$15.07 via Amazon Prime
upload_2017-2-17_23-54-7.png

$28.91 via Amazon Prime
upload_2017-2-17_23-49-35.png

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to our member steelfingers, I got to try some ballistol all for the first time. It does smell a little bit like cat whiz, but it sure eats the crud and carbon away from your firearms. I like that it's eco friendly, and you don't have to wear nitrile gloves when cleaning. Thank again to my man, for introducing me to this product. I just cleaned 4 pistols in about 30 minutes with this stuff. I've been a Breakfree CLP user for a long time, but the Ballistol picked some grunge up out of the bore that the Breakfree left behind. Pretty good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birchwood casey makes a really good product called break clean I think. I cant remember but it eats away crud and completely dries out the old lube. That maybe what you were using but really like the stuff.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I run it on my ARs, but you are correct. It smells like stale sack sweat. It works amazing though. I will only use it on and around the BCG. For the rest of the gun, and all my other firearms I use G96... good **** and smells good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom