Banned guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please fill me in on what happens to guns/magazines/clips already out when bans happen. I was not into guns when the last ban was here. So I am clueless.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please fill me in on what happens to guns/magazines/clips already out when bans happen. I was not into guns when the last ban was here. So I am clueless.

All depends on the legislation....anything goes.

The last ban just restricted the new manufacture of firearms and magazines that met the ban criteria. Any already in existence at the time the ban went into effect were grandfathered and could be transferred freely (depending on individual state laws).

I doubt we will see a retroactive ban on anything....but who know's.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the last ban, all magazines manufactured before the cut off date was grandfathered. Anything over 10 rounds manufactured after the cut off date was LE only and it was a felony if found in possession of a person who was not LE. When the ban expired, some states kept the same requirements and California got even more restrictive.

I'm going from memory here, so I may or may not leave something out. Semi-auto rifles were not allowed to have retractable or folding stocks. No bayonet lugs. No flash suppressors. Pistol grips were allowed if you didn't have some of the other features.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And since a non-retroactive ban will not remove any "military" weapons from our streets which is supposedly the goal one has to wonder if other plans are not in the works.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the event of a retroactive ban you make a serious life decision. Have an unfortunate boating accident or turn them in.
I am sorry but I read that as "In the event of a removal of your rights you make a serious life decision. Bury your head in the sand and hide or bow to your master." As much as I value my life I just could not live with that.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...Anything over 10 rounds manufactured after the cut off date was LE only and it was a felony if found in possession of a person who was not LE...

How was it determined which magazines were manufactured pre-ban and which we're manufactured post-ban? Were they marked in some way?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How was it determined which magazines were manufactured pre-ban and which we're manufactured post-ban? Were they marked in some way?

Yes. Every magazine manufactured after the effective date of the "ban" had to be date stamped, some were also marked "For LEO/Military Use Only".

But after the ban expired....I believe some manufacturers stopped date stamping. No idea really. Point is, in Oklahoma at least, the date and/or markings on the mag don't mean squat.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they decide on a 10 round round limit, how does that affect a magazine used for 458 SOCOM? A 10 round 458 SOCOM magazine will hold 30 rounds of 5.56. These eftards just dont think things through...

Latest posts

Top Bottom