Barnes TSX bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonsrt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't shoot anything other than the TSX after today. Dropped an 11pt like a rock at 120 yards today. Not even a step after impact. .30cal in and 1" out the other side.

mrgecko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have killed several deer with the TSX in .223 Rem. We have never found one of the bullets as we always have a pass through and the holes they leave are large. I could put my index finger through the entrance hole side of the rib cage and two fingers through the exit hole side of the rib cage. The bullet did not expand until after it was into the muscle. Never had one go more than 50 yards. Good rounds. I am going to try the TTSX next. I was finding too many small lead fragments in the meat and wanted to try the unleaded bullets. Safer for my kids when they eat the deer meat.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good to hear.

Yes, I know...I'd like to try them out on some meat before I throw them out the window. Like I said in the first post, I know dirt and a book is a poor example. Typically, jacketed bullets give a reasonably close example of how they expand, but with these not being jacketed it is obviously different.

I've got plenty left so hopefully I'll get to try them out on the hog problem.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loaded some Barnes TTXS for deer season this year after listening to a buddy's recommendation. I loaded 140 grain TTXS bullets for my 7mm STW that chrono'd at 3303fps. I shot a deer this morning at 304 with this load and it knocked the crap out of the buck. He took one step and crashed. The exit wound was about two inches in diameter. I'm pretty sold on the Barnes TTSX bullets. I just wish they made a little heavier bullet that I could load up for my .243.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Barnes bullets in my muzzleloader. I recovered one from a buck last year that is the perfect mushroom and could be used in there advertisements. The deer dropped where it stood.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good to hear.

Yes, I know...I'd like to try them out on some meat before I throw them out the window. Like I said in the first post, I know dirt and a book is a poor example. Typically, jacketed bullets give a reasonably close example of how they expand, but with these not being jacketed it is obviously different.

I've got plenty left so hopefully I'll get to try them out on the hog problem.
A different caliber, but check out http://www.texasboars.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17684. They're very effective on hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom