Barresi out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah!!!! Who cares if our children cant read, that will keep them ignorant and voting for Obama's daughters in a few years. But Hell yeah we we got rid of a Nazi!

This.

On the one hand, I hope (for the sake of the students) that the next secretary is the best one ever and moves Oklahoma to the top of the "best places in the world to get an education" list. On the other hand, I *expect* things to go back to Sandy Garrett. . .but hey, at least the teachers will be happy, right?

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you guys think Barresi was doing anything to help education at all, you are clearly not associated with our education system in any way.

You're right. . .I'm not, and therefore can give an objective view of the subject. Rather than a view tinted only by what educators tell me.

ETA: Hot topic, not wanting to pick a fight. . .but I am really tired of educators telling me how horrible Barresi is. As an employer, I see daily what 20 years of Sandy Garrett has produced and (in my opinion) however bad Janet may be she can't be worse than Sandy.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
barresi.jpg

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right. . .I'm not, and therefore can give an objective view of the subject. Rather than a view tinted only by what educators tell me.

ETA: Hot topic, not wanting to pick a fight. . .but I am really tired of educators telling me how horrible Barresi is. As an employer, I see daily what 20 years of Sandy Garrett has produced and (in my opinion) however bad Janet may be she can't be worse than Sandy.

Might be wise to listen to people that actually do the job to see what works and doesn't work. You wouldn't go and tell a Dr., lawyer, etc. that you know how to do their job better than them. Education is one of those things everyone thinks they have the answers and can do it better than the people with decades of experience. Reality is that it is much more difficult and dynamic than people realize.

Oh and Sandy Garrett is not running FYI.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be wise to listen to people that actually do the job to see what works and doesn't work. You wouldn't go and tell a Dr., lawyer, etc. that you know how to do their job better than them. Education is one of those things everyone thinks they have the answers and can do it better than the people with decades of experience. Reality is that it is much more difficult and dynamic than people realize.

Oh and Sandy Garrett is not running FYI.

No argument, but it also is wise to look at the problem from more viewpoints than just the viewpoint of the people doing the job. If the overwhelming results from Drs/Lawyers are less than optimal, I have an obligation to question the methods the Drs/Lawyers as a whole are using.

I'm also fully aware that Sandy Garrett is not running. The (apparently missed) point was that educators want everything back like it was when she *was* in charge. . .and we've seen the results from that experiment.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Couldn't be worse than Sandy Garret? Yeah I guess you forgot the huge stink over the unfunded mandates for pay increases that her Majesty Garrett presided over. She wasn't miss popularity either. Barresi had far to much ego and inflated sense of self importance.

I'm excited by Hoffmeister on the republican ticket, I think she is a great choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom