Bars and Restaurants in Cozumel??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

The wife and I may take a flight to Cozumel (in a few weeks) to just relax, scuba, and relax....:sunbath:

Never been to Cozumel, have a room situated but wanted to see if anyone here has any "go to spots" down there.

NO..not just drinking and drinking and drinking with the tourists bar. Some local, dive, nice, bar and restaurant..if possible. Not just a tourist trap.

I know about Tripadvisor, Yelp, and a ton of books and the internet...wanted first hand here then compare to travel information.

Bars and restaurants. Already have La Casa del Habano and Havana Bob's scoped out.

Thanks.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Little place called Mr. Chiles is our favorite haunt in Cozumel. Great food, fun people, off the beaten path a little. Prices were a tad high last time we were there, but not too terrible for tourist town.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rent a vehicle and head south. Hit all of the beach bars. Can make the whole loop around the island or just half a loop. Stop have some chips a salsa/guacamole and a beer drive for a little while stop and snack with beer again. It makes for a fun day. There is a place on the south east corner of the Island that had some kick ass fish tacos, and I don't like fish or tacos.

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have been there so I can't give you any feedback on bars. However, the best dive there is Punta Sur. It is not a beginner level dive as there is a swim-through and it goes pretty deep (about 120-130) but at the end there is a stalactite from the ice age when the ocean water levels were significantly lower. You are only deep on this dive for 5 minutes but it is pretty cool. Like I said I would not recommend this for divers without experience. Mainly because you are in Mexico which means you are totally on your own with regard to any safety.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Cozumel! Senor Frogs is pretty good. Carlos and Charlies is right there next to it. Down a little ways is Margaritiville and it's my favorite. Get the Volcano nacho's and feed an army!

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
East side. Mezcallitos, Coconuts, Senoir Iguanas, Rasta Bar, Playa Bonita, Paradise Beach Bar. All really cool. Casa Denis in the square has great food, great drinks and is a great people watching spot. Been to Coz 12 times. Love it. Oh yea...El Palapapita north of town is great.

Coz

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't even waste your time with Margaritavill unless you just want a shirt. Waaaaay over priced. Same with Senior Frogs and C&C's. Sometimes Viva Mexico is open in town. Catch it after dark and its party time. Big locals hang out. Loud and fun. The NoName bar at Hotel Barracuda is cool. Take a suite and a towel. They have a swim up bar and a really cool pier to jump off of. Good tunes and good people there.

Coz

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been awhile, the little beach bars were way cool, but the best was a place we found through a cab driver that spoke great English.
It was in downtown Cozumel, way back away from the tourist areas. Don't remember the name, but it was very good.
a little more upscale than the tourist area places. We ate/drank there three times in the 8 days we were there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom