Bear hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL, on that Nhagar,

The made in America is a big plus and a good point. I strongly agree with you on the fixed in this day and time. Technical advances keep these things flying straight and true when compared to the mechanical. One other point with magnus, the warranty covers the broad head for life. The Warranty even states if you hit a rock on pass thru the will replace it... Just read this on the site.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't get me started on made in usa stuff. I try my darndest to buy only American made stuff. I can't buy everything cause its just not possible but If I have a choice its American made. And steel force I believe are the same way. I know they guarantee them to stay sharp and if they don't send it in and they replace them or at least that was the way they used to do it. better check on it before taking that to heart.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the smaller grocery stores and fast food places and ask to either have or buy at a discounted price all the old or spoiled food. The bears won't care if it isn't fresh. Bread and anything sweet or fatty will work, basically anything that isn't good for you is perfect for bear bait.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the smaller grocery stores and fast food places and ask to either have or buy at a discounted price all the old or spoiled food. The bears won't care if it isn't fresh. Bread and anything sweet or fatty will work, basically anything that isn't good for you is perfect for bear bait.
It is tough sharing the sweet and fatty food sometimes. Lol

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're sitting in your stand staring at the 3 foot tall pile of donuts and french fries...

Start thinking that the ones in the center of the pile are probably OK. Surely the bugs and critters haven't made it that deep yet...

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few buddies who have been fattening up the local bears in McCurtain and Pushmataha counties. They are using old donuts, and sweet corn, and any table scraps really. Bears aren't picky, but they adapt fast. Try not to spook them, once they get spooked, they are hard to draw in again.

headhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guides in Washington told us last summer people pour a gallon of blackberry jam on stumps. There is no baiting in Washington but that was one of their tricks to getting them in the areas they could hunt.
Good luck on your hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom