Beer snobs ITT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sol.torluemke said:
Anyone tried Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale? I've had it a few times and really enjoy it.

I'm trying to stay away from beers made by InBev and MillerCoors.

Tank 7 is a great beer. Has some gravity to it and carbonated like a champagne, which I could do without, but a very well made beer along with every other smokestack series made by blvd.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

awww.theperfectlyhappyman.com_uploads_boulder_hazed_and_infused.jpg

awww.theperfectlyhappyman.com_uploads_founders_nemesis_2010.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saint Arnold - Fancy Lawnmower
North by Northwest - Duckabish Amber
Real Ale Brewing Company - Fireman's 4

The Duckabish Amber from North by Northwest is actually a brewery/restaurant in Austin. That beer is the most delicious tasting beer I've ever experienced. I can never drive home after going to that place, ifyaknowwadimean.

I have no issue with drinking popular beers either. On a hot day on a boat, give me the clear watery ones. I don't want to feel all full and gross in the heat of the day. If there's nothing else good to be found, gimme a Peroni or a Smithwick's any day.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now that you have posted these I will have to post my brews that came back with me from Texas!! Pictures to come.

I have some ruination, dogfish head 60 and 90 minute, ska modus hopurundi, stone Cali/belgium style IPA, Oscar blues old chub and mamas lil pils, and a few others.

Can't get founders in Texas, but my buddy was in missouri and brought some back along with odells 90 shillings and 5 barrel IPA...... Can't get odells in Texas either.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cards81fan, have you tried Sierra nevadas beer camp brews they just released?!?! AMAZING!!! They picked 4 beers to go in a 12 pack and they all are great beers. I like some more than others, but they are all well brewed beers.

Also if you like IPA you need to try Sam Adams latitude series with 4 different IPAs brewed with different hops individually. Very cool idea and you get to experience the hops separately instead of combined like most IPAs.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I travel a fair amount for work, with SoCal and Grand Rapids being common destinations. Hence the Stone and the Founders.

Cali is nice to visit but I could not live there.

Grand Rapids is as much of a beer and pub destination as the Denver/Boulder/FtCollins area. It's a bit out of the way, but a great city. Great people, great size, and I am one of the sick few that like the weather. The "lake" (more like a fresh water ocean) is close as well.

I have not tried the new SN stuff, but will keep my eyes open for it. I usually drink more in the winters. Summers are just too hot - lots of water, iced tea, and some cheap 3.2 swill (currently Amber Bock and Michelob Light I found mis-marked for under $6 a 12 pack).

Latest posts

Top Bottom