Behind the times.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at my phone about 5 minutes a day and seldom take it with me.I use my PC at home and have a chromebook in my trunk I look at once a month or if I am having lunch with someone I don't want to talk to.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a flip phone occasionally
You are ahead of me I have never had a cell phone of any kind.
The digital camera I use was purchased decades ago for the wife 3.2 mega pixels.

I got it because I took a picture with an old film 35mm camera of an Eagle swooping down picking up a shad near Little City OK.
The picture from the old film camera was all grainy and you could barely make out a bird in the picture.
That sucked.
I have stepped up in HER camera department though with Nikon DSLR.
Got kids mama needs good pictures. and needs to push the button and have the camera shoot not wait for a few seconds and then decide to shoot.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are ahead of me I have never had a cell phone of any kind.
The digital camera I use was purchased decades ago for the wife 3.2 mega pixels.

I got it because I took a picture with an old film 35mm camera of an Eagle swooping down picking up a shad near Little City OK.
The picture from the old film camera was all grainy and you could barely make out a bird in the picture.
That sucked.
I have stepped up in HER camera department though with Nikon DSLR.
Got kids mama needs good pictures. and needs to push the button and have the camera shoot not wait for a few seconds and then decide to shoot.
Hmmm. You surprised me. I figured you for a guy who bought the newest smartphone, iPad, iPod and television every year.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to use technology to get paid ,but I often feel like Im on a digital leash

You an me both. Corporate keeps insisting I install my work email and corporate access and property digital apps on my phone... I keep telling them if they want me that connected, they'll supply me a phone. Luckily, they're too cheap to do that. I lavish in those few weeks a year I get away and turn airplane mode on.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We bought our parents iPads for their 50th anniversary. I know, sounds like a very out of the box gift but it changed their lives. They don’t go anywhere without them.
As for cell phones, it’s like an electric chain. Mine is work email and work orders ready.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Mil is so technically challenged that she won’t even pick up the remote on the TV for fear of pushing the wrong button. Leaves it on the same channel and volume setting 24/7.
At the suggestion of someone on OSA in another thread, we covered the remote with paper, leaving only the channel, volume and power buttons exposed. She still won’t touch it.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Mil is so technically challenged that she won’t even pick up the remote on the TV for fear of pushing the wrong button. Leaves it on the same channel and volume setting 24/7.
At the suggestion of someone on OSA in another thread, we covered the remote with paper, leaving only the channel, volume and power buttons exposed. She still won’t touch it.
Just last week I ordered one of these for my grandma. She loves it

05b6c1986faa5e7478426b4e86a36030.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom