Belt: Nylon/Kydex Core Or Solid Leather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OV1kenobi

Marksman
Reaction score
I wonder what would be my better option to carry a holster and magazine pouch.

A belt constructed of two thin layers of leather with a nylon/kydex core, or a solid, one-piece 1/4"-thick piece of full-grain steer hide/saddle leather?

I have to admit that I come from the school that thinks, perhaps wrongly, that a nice, solid and thick piece of full-grain leather would be hard to beat.

I know that there are brands among either, but I wonder what would be the most durable.

For now, looking for something that would do more than just a "good job" carrying my Glock 19 in a DeSantis three-slot "Speed Scabbard."

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help you you folks might offer.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy leather gun belts from Rafters Gun Leather. Good prices and good quality. I have three, one Shark, one elephant and an ostrich. The oldest os almost ten years old and it looks almost new...and it's worn regularly.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper Leather Kydex core leather belts... are just about the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to carry...I have worn one for 3 years without any deformation....Looper is the only thing I will buy for my off duty carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom