Bending jigs OH YEA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
watch this.
I have all the parts laying around to build one of these.
But most of us do.

Very cool!
I only have one bending jig. It's a twin trunked oak tree I use to straighten T Posts. I get them all the time from neighbors getting too close to a fence or making a turn wrong and they pile them up for scrap.
As the trunks are in a V, I can pick which angle to use to get them straightened.
Used dozens of them to use for fences on our place.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I straightened a lot of pipe with a V shaped spot in a tree and I even drove over metal and used the tire to form a bend.
Bent tubing and rebar many times using the trailer hitch and sometimes the item fits nicely into the hitch ball neck to make a nice radius bend

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I straightened a lot of pipe with a V shaped spot in a tree and I even drove over metal and used the tire to form a bend.
Bent tubing and rebar many times using the trailer hitch and sometimes the item fits nicely into the hitch ball neck to make a nice radius bend
I bent the rear wheel fork on my rotary mower a while back. I was trying to find something I could use to bend it back. The receiver hitch on my 2500HD was perfect. That hitch is a Class V 2-1/2 size receiver. I grabbed a piece of pipe and stuck the fork in the receiver and voila, worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom