New weedeater modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not yet, but I will either be buying one of these or making something similar.

I have at least an hour of weedeating I do when I mow. My lower back starts to get fatigued after a while because I bend over to help keep the weed eater string parallel with the ground.

This looks like a back saver for us more mature persons that are over 6' tall.

https://www.darwinsgrip.com/online-store/1-Darwins-Grip®-PRO-p120699639
View attachment 402557

View attachment 402555

I am in. You get one let us know. I am in the same boat as well. My weedeating just got doubled, now I too am right at a 1hr and 10m.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the biggest Stihl straight shaft and I just bought a Husqvarna little light straight shaft last week. The Husqvarna is so light it is a one hand easy! Wife wanted a light one as she enjoys weedeating, just always bitched about the Big Stihl one! LoL! Now she has me loving the light one for the yard and the Heavy BIG Stihl for the pasture, ditches and barns. Seriously the Husqvarna is a one hand and one hand beer for yard work, if you drink beer.

IMG_7664.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this a few days ago on chicanic's youtube channel. I'm probably going to have to try one. I only have a normal residential lot to do but it has a ton of flower bed borders to weedeat around and I spend way more time weedeating than anything else. I can mow front and back in 30 minutes and that's taking a short nap somewhere in the process (ZTR).

But weed eating takes at least an hour. I late step dad put in a ton of rock borders. It's pretty apparent he never once weedeated around that ****. When I'm able that stuff is going to disappear, but it'll be awhile.

I'll never have another curved shaft trimmer. Those things are for the birds and I guess short people.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have one? That would great under barb wire fence lines! I did not see a price.
Nope sorry. I just remembered seeing something like it on a commercial or something and thought it was a great idea. Wouldn't seem to hard to rig something up with all the battery operated weed eaters nowadays. Maybe @swampratt could come up with a diy kit.:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom