New weedeater modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not yet, but I will either be buying one of these or making something similar.

I have at least an hour of weedeating I do when I mow. My lower back starts to get fatigued after a while because I bend over to help keep the weed eater string parallel with the ground.

This looks like a back saver for us more mature persons that are over 6' tall.

https://www.darwinsgrip.com/online-store/1-Darwins-Grip®-PRO-p120699639
1692293812038.png

1692293627831.png

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always just move the D handle up closer to the trigger, the factory usually puts the handle down lower to balance the weigh for carrying not for working, but i can see where the extended handle would be better for some people. Them type of handles have been out for several years now and some people like them while others dont from what i have read in the past.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always just move the D handle up closer to the trigger, the factory usually puts the handle down lower to balance the weigh for carrying not for working, but i can see where the extended handle would be better for some people. Them type of handles have been out for several years now and some people like them while others dont from what i have read in the past.
I tried that last night. The issue I ran into was, I lost the leverage to control the weed eater vs having the handle out closer to the cutting head.

This handle is not like the dual brush cutter handles that you may be thinking of. Those hang from a harness and are hard to control.

IMG_7705.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not yet, but I will either be buying one of these or making something similar.

I have at least an hour of weedeating I do when I mow. My lower back starts to get fatigued after a while because I bend over to help keep the weed eater string parallel with the ground.

This looks like a back saver for us more mature persons that are over 6' tall.

https://www.darwinsgrip.com/online-store/1-Darwins-Grip®-PRO-p120699639
View attachment 402557

View attachment 402555
that's what curved shaft weedeaters are for!

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always liked the curved shaft ones.
Small ones that I can get in tight spaces.
I use an FS 38 and like stated moved the handle up, it weighs 9.3 lbs.

that's what curved shaft weedeaters are for!

Not for tall people or those with t-rex arms, you have to bend over and stretch it away from you, because they are so much shorter. Damn things always trying to get my toes too. Straight shaft for the win, although some of the women folk may prefer a little curve in their shaft.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried that last night. The issue I ran into was, I lost the leverage to control the weed eater vs having the handle out closer to the cutting head.

This handle is not like the dual brush cutter handles that you may be thinking of. Those hang from a harness and are hard to control.

View attachment 402563
nope i was talking about the little extension ones that was in your pic, i have used the handle bar ones before when using a circular saw brush blades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom