Beretta M9A3, Beretta's attempt to save it's Gov contract

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theyre secretly going to put a ...Glock in there.....Hey , whats this...? Our New .mil issue pistol?

The fact that the Army rejected Beretta outright without even considering the M9A3 appeared to be rude. This leads me to think the Army has an axe to grind against Beretta. Beretta did something, somewhere along the way that is coming back to haunt them.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carried the M9 in combat for a little over 54 months. Iraq x 2 and Afghanistan x 2. I have a few horror stories of stopping power against wet heavy sweaters that would make you cringe, but that is a caliber issue not the firearm. As my EDC in civilian life I rotate between a SA 1911-A1 in .45ACP and a Glock 21 in .45ACP. I know I am just a bit prejudiced against the 9mm round due to past experiences but the .45ACP just makes me feel more secure. Any weapon system that can survive the testing and provide the requirements is alright by me (not that they asked), the question remains - How does the Government ensure the pistol is maintained in a manner conducive to durability beyond the testing? On a average deployment these days of 6-9 months, with the majority of these guns going to REMFs, and the minority being issued to guys that kick in doors and the such, how much Preventive Maintenance is actually being done? Who is supervising/holding accountable the maintenance of the many folks on the FOBs that have these pistols? I have seen in general a majority of the soldiers , Airmen and Marines (little experience with the Navy, Sorry) perform regular maintenance on their rifles being M16/M4/M whatever, rarely have I witnessed a M9 broken down getting a good once over. I am SURE it happens, just appears to be a bit less frequent IMO. So if the weapon is a high quality piece and maintenance is performed regularly, I firmly believe any of the above mentioned pistols in these threads would be great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom