Beretta M9A3, Beretta's attempt to save it's Gov contract

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was set to be against it as well, but now I want one. I read elsewhere the safety can be changed to a G style de-cocker. I am also loving the threaded barrel and it appears the sites are removable, basically it has everything I want in a 92.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, Sig's offering seems the best so far. I've not shot one though so cant speak to the trigger, ergos, etc

Seems pretty obvious then, just like the Many offerings here, tested or Not.

There Is NO One pistol, calibre, style, size, safety (or the lack thereof), ergonomics, grip angle, bore axis, ignition style (striker,hammer), that will fit Every hand, style, mission, situation (cold w/ gloves , sand, wet conditions?)

So pick..... three, the one you qualify best with is the one you get/use, qualifications ...once a year?

Why should someone , not even using said pistol, choose the one Your life is going to depend on?

Last edited:

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious then, just like the Many offerings here, tested or Not.

There Is NO One pistol, calibre, style, size, safety (or the lack thereof), ergonomics, grip angle, bore axis, ignition style (striker,hammer), that will fit Every hand, style, mission, situation (cold w/ gloves , sand, wet conditions?)

So pick..... three, the one you qualify best with is the one you get/use, qualifications ...once a year?

Why should someone , not even using said pistol, choose the one Your life is going to depend on?

That would be an awesome solution but not feasible unless they allowed personal weapons to be carried into combat, similar to how some police departments work.

With the way the Army's property books work, for certain units, Military Police for example, that require a pistol to be issued to 90% of unit personnel, you would need 100+ of each of the 3 pistols so that each soldiers could have the option of picking.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another good choice would be the FN pistol's in any of three calibers 9MM, 40SW, 45ACP. The military already gets M16/M4 rifles from FN, so why not one of their pistol's?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be an awesome solution but not feasible unless they allowed personal weapons to be carried into combat, similar to how some police departments work.

With the way the Army's property books work, for certain units, Military Police for example, that require a pistol to be issued to 90% of unit personnel, you would need 100+ of each of the 3 pistols so that each soldiers could have the option of picking.

If the purpose is to put a weapon in the hands of those that Protect, that would be most beneficial to the Person using it.

Then that would be the answer, the weapons not used could be cycled to other units, replacing, minimally, the weapons selected.

Training on one weapon that doesnt fit the situation, cant be used by some personnel, would be more wasteful than having a few..spares that can.

Of course it would take more work, but isnt that the reasoning you would want those that Protect, to have.

To provide the weapon's, most suitable, To Protect

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the purpose is to put a weapon in the hands of those that Protect, that would be most beneficial to the Person using it.

Then that would be the answer, the weapons not used could be cycled to other units, replacing, minimally, the weapons selected.

Training on one weapon that doesnt fit the situation, cant be used by some personnel, would be more wasteful than having a few..spares that can.

Of course it would take more work, but isnt that the reasoning you would want those that Protect, to have.

To provide the weapon's, most suitable, To Protect

Not disagreeing with your premise but the feasibility within the confines of the budgeting and property keeping protocols in place in 99% of the military. Their search for a somewhat modular pistol fits those confines.

I'd like to see a system that allowed soldiers to carry a personally owned sidearm in garrison and combat, even if not normally issued one, on-duty, as long as it was from an approved list and semi-annual training/qualification was completed. The odds of that happening are as slim or slimmer than your idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom