Best AK mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, tired of dealing with crappy mags. What brand of AK mags do you like? Not looking for a bargain; just looking for quality.

I should mention, I'm fairly new to the AK world.

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bulgarian waffle magazines (which are sometime referred to as circle 10 magazines because there is a 10 in a circle proof mark on them) are considered to be some of the best. Here is a link: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16135&cat=419&page=1.

The only magazines I would stay away from are the ProMag polymer magazines. These are U.S. built; however, they have a reputation for poor quality.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
US Palm are the best I know of, I would put the Bulgarian Circle-10 as a solid 2nd.

Yup, ProMag will turn the most reliable weapon in the world into the most unreliable.

orangecrush1007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tapco mags are trash.
If the Mags aren't metal lined, like Bulgy Circle 10 and Polish, I wouldn't waste your money. Other wise use the surplus steel mags.

Most of the times the lugs rip right out of the aftermarket mags Before you even have feed problems with them.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Suarez:

Combat Use magazines: Again, don't cheap out here. You can buy very good surplus steel magazines for about $15. These will be new surplus and are usually very nice. Resist the temptation to buy those "bulk packed" magazines that only cost $9 a piece. They are trash.

The better magazines will be the US Palm magazines made in the USA with current technology, lighter and stronger than everything else out there. They will run about $30 but you won't have to sort out the good ones from the bad ones. Almost as good are the Arsenal magazines.

Training Magazines: There are some Bulgarian Commercial magazines that are plastic. As well there are Korean magazines, and some "more used than average" steel magazines from eastern europe. These are OK for training uses but have not kept up with our use. Again...good for the range but not for betting your life on.

Trash magazines: Along with the "Fair" condition surplus magazines, the Tapco, and Pro-Mag magazines are also trash and to be avoided.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seek out Chinese steel mags at gun shows. I've found them to be very good quality and work great in AK's and SKS's dedicated to AK mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom