Best AR under 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just put together your favorite upper and lower at Bear Creek $400 sometime less save your money and then do some upgrades if you want im on # 7 and not a bad one yet!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Factory built? Colt is likely the best choice. Certainly the most consistent (youre going to get a good barrel, good bcg, very good reliability, and a ****** finish)

Building yourself? Lots of stellar options, but the earlier mentioned larue idea is great
Clown!!!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Larue mid length upper for $750, and a poverty pony lower with a Larue MBT2s trigger.
This is probably the best choice if you want quality and a shooter. All my LaRue rifles and all the uppers I’ve bought from them easily shoot under 1 MOA. The above setup will outshoot 99.9% of other AR’s under a grand.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Factory built? Colt is likely the best choice. Certainly the most consistent (youre going to get a good barrel, good bcg, very good reliability, and a ****** finish)

Building yourself? Lots of stellar options, but the earlier mentioned larue idea is great

***DISCLAIMER: I'm a Colt fanboy...mostly of the older rifles from 13 years ago and before.***

But the LE6920 is still a decent gun. I've seen the new ones. They don't have the same build components of the earlier 6920 rifles (all/mostly Colt made parts) but they're still a good choice. And regardless of what some people say, the Colt name still means something in the market. Not as strong as it once was...but everyone knows the name.

Flame away...

Latest posts

Top Bottom