Best AR under 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
59B99BB8-8E19-479C-88B9-C7798F618DCF.gif

Beating horse sack

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
***DISCLAIMER: I'm a Colt fanboy...mostly of the older rifles from 13 years ago and before.***

But the LE6920 is still a decent gun. I've seen the new ones. They don't have the same build components of the earlier 6920 rifles (all/mostly Colt made parts) but they're still a good choice. And regardless of what some people say, the Colt name still means something in the market. Not as strong as it once was...but everyone knows the name.

Flame away...

I honestly see them being as good or better since CZ took them over. Since DW is likely to oversee the 1911, I cant see them going down in quality.

Gunanddoglover

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are several decent options in the 1k price range. PSA, S&W, and Colt come to mind. For 1k you can build a nice one, If you're not in a hurry watch for sales on quality parts. PSA lower and upper with upgraded trigger and barrel is hard to beat for a build in the 1k range.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MGUs are no longer $750. The are $1299 now. I know for a fact they were wrapping about 3 or so Benjamins around each one.

Same with the Black and Tans.

Man I screwed up. He just raised those $500 and the .308 upper $500. Waited too long

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MGUs are no longer $750. The are $1299 now. I know for a fact they were wrapping about 3 or so Benjamins around each one.

Same with the Black and Tans.
There goes me buying another simply because they were such a bargain. They’re priced to compete with other quality uppers now, and me being a member of OSA I’m clearly too much of a tightwad to stomach that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom