Best Place to Buy an AR in OKC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were slammed today. I went in after lunch and it took me an hour to get my new pistol and get checked out. It was about as bad as black friday in there. I feel really ill about it taking so long too because I left the new pistol in it's pretty blue case on top of the car. It must have slide off before I realized it. Another one bits the dust.

Why are you surprised that they were busy?

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So where did you go and what did you find?

Well, I actuall went all over town today, from Sooner State Pawn, to Outdoor America (boy were you guys right about that place going down hill) They didn't have a single AR in stock. I remember a few years ago I used to go to H&H to look and Outdoor America to buy. They used to have the walls covered with racks of guns. Now the racks are still there, but they just keep spreading the guns further and further apart to make it look like they have a lot. I also stopped by Mark's firearms, only to find a sign on the door that says closed until Wednesday. I ended up at Academy in Norman. I was looking for an Optics Ready Colt or something along those lines in .223, but then a beautiful Sig caught my eye and I had to have it. So I ended up getting a Sig 716 Patrol that they had just received in today. Of course I got delayed, so I didn't get to bring it home with me, but that's ok cause it gives me an extra day or two to make up the price difference in what i planned on spending!

Now the real question is what kind of optic to put on it? I really like EoTech and ACOG, but I feel like if i'm going to own a .308 I should also be able to shoot it at least 500 yards....any thoughts?

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to a few of the supporters today and turned nothing up, couldn't wait until 5pm for cold hand arms to open and Ended up going to dicks and found a smith MP15T with the troy flip ups and mid length rail medium weight barrel for $999 on sale. I think they had 1 or 2 more with the sale price. damn good deal for this rifle. Other wise they don't have anything!!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird, I got a delay today as well, it was 5mins long and I got to bring it home. The news said there were 4hr long background checks all across the country. I didn't believe it, then I go and get delayed for a few mins. This is after further review!! Again weird!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I actuall went all over town today, from Sooner State Pawn, to Outdoor America (boy were you guys right about that place going down hill) They didn't have a single AR in stock. I remember a few years ago I used to go to H&H to look and Outdoor America to buy. They used to have the walls covered with racks of guns. Now the racks are still there, but they just keep spreading the guns further and further apart to make it look like they have a lot. I also stopped by Mark's firearms, only to find a sign on the door that says closed until Wednesday. I ended up at Academy in Norman. I was looking for an Optics Ready Colt or something along those lines in .223, but then a beautiful Sig caught my eye and I had to have it. So I ended up getting a Sig 716 Patrol that they had just received in today. Of course I got delayed, so I didn't get to bring it home with me, but that's ok cause it gives me an extra day or two to make up the price difference in what i planned on spending!

Now the real question is what kind of optic to put on it? I really like EoTech and ACOG, but I feel like if i'm going to own a .308 I should also be able to shoot it at least 500 yards....any thoughts?

You know they make that in 556mm right? The 716 holds 10 less rounds and costs more...NICE gun and you can't go wrong with the sig gas piston system but was it what you REALLY wanted or an impulse buy? I oo struggled with this so I got my 516 1st and then just picked up an AR-10 today w/ 20" barrel (gonna scope it)...308 ammo heavier and more costly so you will have to figure that into your SHTF plan...nice gun though, congrads..if they had that in 18"bbl then I may have gone for it.

BTW, academy in edmond had a lot of stuff in stock...they even had DPMS 308 patrol rifles for under a grand...but your 716 is better :)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I talked to a few of the supporters today and turned nothing up, couldn't wait until 5pm for cold hand arms to open and Ended up going to dicks and found a smith MP15T with the troy flip ups and mid length rail medium weight barrel for $999 on sale. I think they had 1 or 2 more with the sale price. damn good deal for this rifle. Other wise they don't have anything!!

That's a nice deal on the M&P15T.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a sig sauer m400 at walmart for $897! It came with a prismatic 3x illuminated scope. It is actually not a bad scope either. But I just slapped a leupold on it. Decking it out as much as I can afford to do. More worried about having enough magazines than I am about putting a bunch of accessories that I don't need. I am also trying to stock up on ammo. But back to the rifle, it is absolutely great. Fires every time and is a blast to shoot. Cycles very fast and gets the job done.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you surprised that they were busy?

I talked to Miles for a little bit and HE was surprised they were that busy as well. When you frequent an establishment often enough you get to know the times to visit them to avoid the crowds. This was a VERY abnormal Monday after lunch crowd. In addition the news crews showed up right when I was leaving. And thats all I have to say about that.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird, I got a delay today as well, it was 5mins long and I got to bring it home. The news said there were 4hr long background checks all across the country. I didn't believe it, then I go and get delayed for a few mins. This is after further review!! Again weird!

The lady had to call mine in 3 times because she kept getting disconnected. I had already filled out their new online 4473 but it takes certain registers to complete the check so she did it the old fashion way for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom