Colorful range bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Requesting recommendations for stores. Looking for a range bag to hold 2 compact pistols, but I want it to be not black, green, or gray.

I don't want to buy from Amazon. I'm not sure of where to go for it. I'd prefer to support local brick and mortar stores in OKC metro, but also open to websites.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Browning makes some with pink or purple trim. The majority of the bag is still black or gray but you can tell it’s a woman’s bag. You might get with one of the local Browning dealers and see if they can order one.
Not local but Etsy and Pinterest have some.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re gonna have a hard time. If you want to improvise, I would suggest trying to find a bag that works for you, in a light color like sand or something. Wash/bleach it to fade the color, then use Rit or other suitable fabric dye to dye it your desired color.

Or, what I would do if you want a low key range bag, or perhaps something a little more snazzy than most, you could buy some sort of framework, like a molle or Velcro panel, attach some of those cheap one size fits all/velcro holsters that nobody should use and some mag/admin pouches, put it in a colorful bag of your choice, and BAM! Instant snazzy range bag.
bam yes GIF

Hill people gear carries lots of different styles of high quality bags, many have a Velcro loop panel or molle built in to the interior of the bag. They make many of their bags in red or blue, and sometimes they release some limited edition cool colors.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/
If you wanna get real creative and colorful, one brand you can look at is Oveda Negra. They make bikepacking bags, but their handlebar bags might work with some aforementioned molle panel or Velcro. You can’t get much more colorful than their wacky pattern handlebar bags.

https://www.ovejanegrabikepacking.com/collections/handlebar-bags
Topo designs gets an honorable mention, although I do t have an experience or insight on their build quality or ruggedness.

https://topodesigns.com/products/mo...stsellers&utm_content=&utm_term=&gad_source=1

Last edited:

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has got a purple and orange pistols. We are not going to talk about he purple AR she has. She can only find colorful rang bags on line. every place we looked in OKC all said we can order. So she ordered her self.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More of a large-ish pistol case than a range bag but it does hold two handguns easily.

Along with a few others with solid patterns I have one of these and am very happy with it.

It has two pouches inside for up to two 1911 size handguns, holds five magazines in a separate zippered compartment, is very well padded and made in the USA by Allen.

Available on Amazon but I bought mine at H & H in OKC a couple of years back but that doesn't mean that they have one on the shelf today..

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Victory-Attache-Handgun-Stripes/dp/B00UFDU9BM
allengc.jpg

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea but like the guys have said Amazon or Etsy are the only 2 places I've seen anything outside the normal black, brown, grey color schemes.

If you are even a little bit crafty you could find a bag you like (except for the color) and use some of those industrial adhesives to decorate an otherwise non-descript bag. Between the addition of some textured fabrics, beading and any number of trims available at the typical arts and craft stores you should be able to create a one-of-a-kind range bag without too much trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom