Best semi auto compact .22 pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve always been drawn to Ruger Mark 22’s, but I’ve never held on to one very long for some reason. I’m currently in possession of an early Ruger 22/45, and I like it pretty well. I don’t shoot it much but don’t have any plans to get rid of it either. :anyone:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love these threads,,,
Counting the posts until every appropriate pistol has been named.

No i am genuinely looking. Not certain what I want. had a SR22, was a cool pistol. but the safety seems backwards. Had the Sig mosquito, but that was one of the worst semi autos I have ever owned.

I should elaborate, I am looking for something to keep in my hunting /survival bag .

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, for something like that how about the Walther P22? The QD version actually fixed a lot of what made the original P22 unreliable (and prompted the P22 bible of bulletproofing it). Mine does not eat all ammo (had problems with some of the cheap, bulk stuff from Winchester) but I've run blazer, aquila, and all CCI through it without any problems. Its still pretty small, though I wouldn't call it a sub-compact, maybe just a bit bigger than that size. 10+1 round capacity. Plus its common enough to find holsters for it.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I only bought a 22 to shoot the cheap stuff. I'm not going to pay the same thing for a 22 round that I used to pay for a 9mm round. If my gun won't eat the cheap stuff, I'd get rid of it and get one that will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom