Best way to clean brass w/out a tumbler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
water, vinegar and a dash of salt. makes a mild acid that cleans them up fast. just make sure you rinse thoroughly. best to deprime first so primer pocket gets clean.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lemishine and a couple drops of dawn soap works very well also

+1

This is the solution I use when wet tumbling with stainless media and it works very well and very fast.

Helps if you agitate it though... maybe look into putting it all in a sealed container in the washing machine or something? Put it all in a Tupperware container in the dryer on a no heat setting? :anyone:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, prefer the LemiShine. I've tried both mixtures, and I think the LemiShine cleans better. I never would have thought of an ice cream maker!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tumbled small lots of brass in a big peanut butter jar (the really big ones) in a clothes dryer along with a load of towels. Towels keep the jar from beating up the dryer drum.

Did well enough... about 50-75 pistol cases at a time, using walnut hulls, a little polishing compound and a dryer sheet... about like you would run a "real" tumbler.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like a mixture of white vinegar, liquid tide and hydrogen peroxide to speed up the process. Place in a large plastic container with a lid and shake. Rinse thoroughly after with hot water. If there is case lube to be removed, I use a metal can with lacquer thinner OUTDOORS to clean the lube off the cases prior to the acid bath. CAUTION!!! the thinner is extremely flammable. Degreasing in this manner makes your cleaning solution last longer. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom