Big trash day at Lexington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was at Lexington gun range last sunday 04/24/10. A group of 4-5 guys backed truks up to the range entry, and started unloading large,older T.V.s, as well as old computers, and bags of cans. They put the "targets" at approx. 10-15 yards out, and started unlaoding on them with assult rifles. I decided it was time to cut the trip short...not the safest bunch I have ever seen. Reporting illegal dumping came to mind, but I did not stick around to see if they packed their "targets' out of the range. T-bird range will be my next stop.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought most ranges didn't allow glass targets and rightfully so. The picture tubes in old TV's are fun to shoot but not where you can't just burry it.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't pick up their crap.
Last time I went there were old washing machines out there, pieces of TVs and DVD players, etc.

Those people should at least shoot clays...clays break and are fun to shoot.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a shame. I've spent at least 4 hours cleaning up that range, but I don't have a truck so packing out other peoples muddy, wet trash isn't really an option. If anyone wants to organize a cleanup I'm in.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be down for a clean up. See if maybe we can arrange for a warden to be out there, maybe they can truck it out, or just make sure people dont get stupid while we are cleaning the range. Maybe make a FGST outing of it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom