Big Tulsa Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gf and I went mid-morning till mid afternoon. When we first got there, the line to get in the door stretched a good ways outside, but we happened across a roving Expo employee selling tickets outside, so we got in pretty quickly since we didn’t have any firearms to sell. The crowd was definitely heavier (both in numbers and in individual weight) than the past couple of shows I attended, but it thinned out after lunchtime. The vendors I spoke with said their sales were decent to pretty good; Dennis Kroh with Empire Arms made out like a bandit with over 100 firearms purchased by midday, which for him was very good. We didn’t look too closely at prices since we weren’t in a buying mode, but what we saw definitely were on the high side for firearms. Still, we had a great time walking around and checking out the wares, and we got custom ear plugs from the outfit on the far east wall, lower level. Can’t beat the Wanenmacher show.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice score(s). Have to give us a range report on the savage pistol. I have always been intrigued by those. My wife absolutely loves the look and feel of them.
I may have to look for one tomorrow when I go back.
The Savage is rough. The guy said it didn't fire... What he didn't say and I didn't find out until the ziptie was off is that it's completely locked up. But it has more of a sentimental value to me. My mom gave me one (in similar condition) as a wedding gift nearly 14 years ago. I was burgled 6 months later and it was stolen. I've been on the occasional hunt ever since. When I've come across them I wasn't in a good financial spot or they wanted WAY to much for it.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Savage is rough. The guy said it didn't fire... What he didn't say and I didn't find out until the ziptie was off is that it's completely locked up. But it has more of a sentimental value to me. My mom gave me one (in similar condition) as a wedding gift nearly 14 years ago. I was burgled 6 months later and it was stolen. I've been on the occasional hunt ever since. When I've come across them I wasn't in a good financial spot or they wanted WAY to much for it.
Sounds like the timing was perfect today! Glad you were able to get this one.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went sold a handgun to buy a rifle was wanting good times the crowd definitely was thicker today than novembers show possibly due to joes passing as this was a tribute show. The prices on most guns were the typical fantaay gunshow prices that people jack them up to for these shows but otherwise a good show

Hopalong49

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the 20 or the 18? Prefer the 20". I'm not buying until I sell the Shockwave though.

While I'm still likely to buy the 590S, I'm also looking into the new 940 Pro Tac. This is my first shogun, so I'll probably settle for the pump-action, but that autoloader looks decent for the price (and an American made one at that).
It’s the 20”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I believe you can buy long guns as a non-resident, but only from an FFL. Individual to individual must go through FFL unless you are residents of the same state. You cannot buy a handgun as a non-resident though from anyone.
You can buy a handgun out of state if you transfer it FFL to FFL. Thats the only legal way to buy a handgun out of state. Gunbroker operates under this rule.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sold my GP100, and picked up a Canik SPX Rival Dark Side. Trigger is amazing. Shout out to AKguy1985 for reminding us to make sure the buyer was a resident or a FFL. I could have sold that Ruger 5 times over,but buyers were out of state.
20220402_235036.jpg

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually buy ammo from North Georgia Reloaders . I got a email last week saying they were going to be there. I couldn't find them. Did anyone see them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom