Big Tulsa Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Savage pistols die hard. Soak the entire pistol in WD40 or similar for three days. Many of these that have laid around for 20-30 years are varnished up from oil breaking down. What you have is a Model 1907 .32 (the 1905 on the slide is the patent date), likely a M1907-12 Transitional judging from picture, produced in 1912.

I have parts and magazines for all types. Just got on this group or I could have helped you at the Fall show this past weekend.
Well left it in a bowl of Hoppes for around a month and it was still a nightmare... But I did get her to break loose. I know it's missing the sear trip. And it looks like the internals were in a rock tumbler for the last 20 years... But hope to get it cleaned up and back to operating soon. I may drop this one off with @SPDguns and see what magic he can work. Would love to get it reblued or even faux case hardened.

IMG_20230318_162025.jpg
IMG_20230318_161825.jpg

Savage1907

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Well left it in a bowl of Hoppes for around a month and it was still a nightmare... But I did get her to break loose. I know it's missing the sear trip. And it looks like the internals were in a rock tumbler for the last 20 years... But hope to get it cleaned up and back to operating soon. I may drop this one off with @SPDguns and see what magic he can work. Would love to get it reblued or even faux case hardened.

View attachment 359025View attachment 359026

Just an FYI, brother and I will be set up again at Tulsa next weekend on lower level; two tables of original parts, accessories and memorabilia from Bailey Brower's personal collection, author of Savage Pistols (2008).

Savage1907

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt know you were OSA. I will next time. C&R stuff is my thing so I notice those.
FYI, my brother and I will be set up again this Fall at Tulsa. Not as many Savage Pistol as last fall, but they will be nice ones. We have two tables on lower level at row 13LB. Tables will also be jammed with Savage accessories, memorabilia and pistol parts as well as original ammunition from personal collection of Bailey Brower, author of "Savage Pistols" (2008).

Latest posts

Top Bottom