Big Tulsa Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't make it. Didn't get shot at. Didn't stand in a long line. Didn't deal with crowd. Didn't spend a bunch of money.

Overall, pretty good show.
I will try again in November.
I made it. Got shot at. Stood in a long line. Dealt with the crowd. Spent a bunch of money. Lot of tables, lot of people. Overall quite the experience. Did meet some really nice folks. Little disappointed on the older S&W revolver selection. Either way over priced or rough condition still being over priced. At least in my opinion.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made it. Got shot at. Stood in a long line. Dealt with the crowd. Spent a bunch of money. Lot of tables, lot of people. Overall quite the experience. Did meet some really nice folks. Little disappointed on the older S&W revolver selection. Either way over priced or rough condition still being over priced. At least in my opinion.
I agree with you on the S&W revolvers. I found 1 or 2 tables with a decent amount of pre-lock Smiths, and you would have thought they were made of gold. They were asking collector prices on 90% guns that aren't rare without the original box. The best "deal" I saw on a Smith revolver was a 4" 617 no dash with factory combats. It was used but not abused. No box with a price of $975.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you on the S&W revolvers. I found 1 or 2 tables with a decent amount of pre-lock Smiths, and you would have thought they were made of gold. They were asking collector prices on 90% guns that aren't rare without the original box. The best "deal" I saw on a Smith revolver was a 4" 617 no dash with factory combats. It was used but not abused. No box with a price of $975.
You guys missed some. I passed on 2 SW revolvers, both under $500.
A 1917 Regulation Police (first year) in 32 Long. Ask was $345. Cylinder had a "hitch" in it when revolving.
A 1923 Regulation Police in 32 Long. Ask was $425. In fair condition; had period correct (but not original) stocks (grips). Looked good, probably 85% blueing.

He stuck at $400, I stuck at $375.

I'm already regretting it.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys missed some. I passed on 2 SW revolvers, both under $500.
A 1917 Regulation Police (first year) in 32 Long. Ask was $345. Cylinder had a "hitch" in it when revolving.
A 1923 Regulation Police in 32 Long. Ask was $425. In fair condition; had period correct (but not original) stocks (grips). Looked good, probably 85% blueing.

He stuck at $400, I stuck at $375.

I'm already regretting it.
I did run across a VERY nice blued Model 57 6" .41 magnum. Went as high as $1300. We couldn't agree on a deal either.

Savage1907

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I did ok, picked up a savage 1905 for $190, a savage 77D for 160, two hawkbill(ish) Damascus knives for $25 each. Also got a stripped Henry golden boy receiver (not pictured) for $50. I figure if the golden boy receiver doesn't work out for a project I've got close to $50 just in scrap brass out of the thing.

View attachment 263426View attachment 263427View attachment 263428View attachment 263429View attachment 263430
Savage pistols die hard. Soak the entire pistol in WD40 or similar for three days. Many of these that have laid around for 20-30 years are varnished up from oil breaking down. What you have is a Model 1907 .32 (the 1905 on the slide is the patent date), likely a M1907-12 Transitional judging from picture, produced in 1912.

I have parts and magazines for all types. Just got on this group or I could have helped you at the Fall show this past weekend.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Savage pistols die hard. Soak the entire pistol in WD40 or similar for three days. Many of these that have laid around for 20-30 years are varnished up from oil breaking down. What you have is a Model 1907 .32 (the 1905 on the slide is the patent date), likely a M1907-12 Transitional judging from picture, produced in 1912.

I have parts and magazines for all types. Just got on this group or I could have helped you at the Fall show this past weekend.
Were you one of the tables that had a zillion Savages for sale?

Latest posts

Top Bottom