Black Friday Deer Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a real important thread. But I would just like to say Goodluck to my fellow hunters out there this freezing morning. Be safe.
I'm bout to run to grab a bite, then head out to my little chunk of heaven in SE OK.

Once again... GOODLUCK. BE SAFE!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was safer this morning in a blind with a Remington 700 than I was in a store parking lot.

It was a beautiful morning. Not anything that could be called a breeze. Unfortunately the deer forgot to show up. No signs of any new activity from the morning before.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a GREAT day this morning. My son who is in the AF got to come home for Thanksgiving and we got the opportunity to go hunt in 16 degree weather.... Nippy but with no wind it was OK. I had him walk to the top of a ridge on our lease which sits along a power line break that allows view of almost 300 yards each way.... climbed up in 16' foot tower stand...
About 0715 I hear a shot as i am in a blind about 1/4 mile east. I called him about 20 minutes later and he said he was getting down to see if he had hit the doe he shot at. About 1/2 hour later he called and asked if I could come help as he had flound it and it had gone about 200 yards through some of the thickest briars and stuff he had ever hunted..... by the time I got to him, he had horsed it out and was standing on the ridge top sweating like summer time.

Field dressed at 93lbs. will make some good eating....... This is just his 3rd deer he has ever taken and first in about 5 years so he was pretty excited to say the least. First one he has ever had to track himself so he was pretty pumped about that too.....
Always a good day when I get to spend time with him in the woods and a GREAT day when HE gets a deer as he does not get much opportunity to hunt...

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got out at about 1:30PM and haven't seen or heard anything. I downloaded a moon phase app for my android and it looks like we've got a few more bright nights ahead of us.

I've been grunting a bunch yesterday and today and today I put out enough buck urine to make this area smell like a zoo.

Haven't looked at cam pics in a few days, so I swapped cards (my guess is that I'm going to see very little activity and all nocturnal).

Still nothing touching my corn in spot #1 - they were eating it like crazy and suddenly stopped on Monday.

Oh well. Not gonna give up.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still nothing touching my corn in spot #1 - they were eating it like crazy and suddenly stopped on Monday.

About 2 weeks ago they stopped eating mine all of a sudden also. They since started eating it again. But they like to feast at night too. Well except the 9 point that showed up about 15 minutes to early.:faint:

booger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pretty discouraged up until today. Had been hunting all week hadn't missed a day of hunting, just a few evenings hadn't seen anything. had honeydo's to take care of but managed to kill a basket rack eight today, with my new stag 6.8

Latest posts

Top Bottom