Black Friday Deer Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about your areas, but there were deer moving everywhere this morning.:yikes2:

To clarify, My area is flat as a pancake, and I take my spotting scope in the blind with me, so I can glass a couple of square miles.

Keep in mind we have doe issues, and I'm on a DMAP.
With the rut winding down, the does are grouping back up and hitting the wheat fields.
Saw a total of 23 does, and 4 bucks by 0930.
None of them were in shooting range. Just glassing around the area.
This evening, saw only one buck, and it was after legal shooting time, but I was sitting on the ground over a milo field.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw 2 doe this morning about 75 yards away facing me but I want to take one with a pistol if possible. I brought my .41 Mag. S&W model 57 which I'm comfortable with at 50 yds. but I need more practice before I consider anything further. Later this morning saw a buck which saw me first and I never had a chance to take an accurate shot. Didn't see anything this evening but still a terrific day at Eufaula WMA.

Reaction score
Man I had to head to the pickup at 7:45 this morning. I was bundled up like a madman and my nose and knees still got really cold when the sun came up and the moisture holding in the "heat blanket" burned off. Hands were getting cold too - it was time for ME to bed down.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about your areas, but there were deer moving everywhere this morning.:yikes2:

Here too. Amazing what a difference nice weather makes, it's been VERY slow until Friday. Friday was great. 3 of us killed 2 deer that morning, and we saw about twenty combined. And this is woods hunting where you can't see very far at all.

Check the success thread.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom