Blackhawk Serpa Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried modifying one of these to fit aftermarket sights?

I have a USP Tactical with the tall sights on it and infortunately the Serpa for the USP is designed for the HK low sights. The material looks to be injection molded. Hitting it with a heat gun and trying to work it out a little, while providing easy in and out while hot, appears to shrink back to the original size.

Just wondering if anyone has a Blackhawk holster modified and what you did to do it.

Please stick to the topic and try not to point me to a safariland holster or something else. I really like the Blackhawk (even after the "release flaw" was pointed out to me) and would like to use it, but modified for my USP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Release flaw? I haven't heard about this?

Supposedly, they say due to the location of the release button, it creates a potential for trigger pull upon unholstering. Basically, because the release button is aligned with the trigger, when you push down the release and draw the firearm, the pressure of your finger can fall on the trigger.

I did several draws with another Serpa holster trying to achieve this flaw and I guess I have good habits. ;)

I hope I am explaining it right. I googled the issue just now and found a youtube video showing what I was told: Serpa Button Issue

Latest posts

Top Bottom