blood trailing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
my brother shot an 8 point behind the shoulders just a little higher than he wanted. we trailed it for a good 3/4 mile up hill into the blackjacks till we lost all blood. i just wonder how for they can travel in this shape. he is a wall mounter for sure we have pics off the game camera. i know the meat won't be any good if i find it now but we would atleast like to recover the rack.i always try to honor what we kill. i guess thats the indian hertage in us. sorry to ramble just bummed that we both lost deer this weekend.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my brother shot an 8 point behind the shoulders just a little higher than he wanted. we trailed it for a good 3/4 mile up hill into the blackjacks till we lost all blood. i just wonder how for they can travel in this shape. he is a wall mounter for sure we have pics off the game camera. i know the meat won't be any good if i find it now but we would atleast like to recover the rack.i always try to honor what we kill. i guess thats the indian hertage in us. sorry to ramble just bummed that we both lost deer this weekend.

Try a dog, any dog that shows interest in hunting when you let it out will do.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we used to have a begal that you could lead on a leash to trail deer that had been shot, but that was better than 25 years ago. times like this is when i miss that old dog. guess i just have to train me another since i'm into bow hunting. thats the drawback to using a bow. i used to just muzzle loader or riffle to hunt.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bulls eye i have actually had deer run up hill several time being fatually (sp) shot. down in the kiamichi mountains they don't have much choice. but that is true in flatter areas.
twocan i can see the expreesion on my wife face when i load her minpin up to got trail my shot deer. the deer wouldn't be the only thing bleeding or needing to be found.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai264.photobucket.com_albums_ii162_I_So_Cunfooosed_I_20am_minpin.jpg

She' ready to go. Drop that tailgate and watch her load up. I hope you have a mini truck.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you guys losing one KD. I hit a doe high this year and she shut off the bleeding in just a little while and we never saw her again. I am convinced there is an area below the back bone and above the lungs that you can pass through and not get a killing shot. If he is dead, I hope you guys find him but here is hoping he shows back up on your trail cams soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom