Bolt Action Single-Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a bolt action single shot rifle in 22 lr.. Do any of you guys know who makes one?

I want a single shot so I can rechamber it to the 22 magnum and mount a scope on it to use for sniping coyote out to 150 yds. or less...

Any information would be greatly appreciated....

D&T

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brennan,

do you know of a manufacturer that makes the 22 magnum in a bolt action single shot?

The reason for wanting a 22 lr. is because it would allow me to be able to cut a better chamber over what the factories offer...

I have reworked a lot of old Remington rifles as well as Savage single shots but, I cannot find any of there around...

Winchester made a bolt action single shot years ago that had a 27" barrel and one of these would be perfect, IF I could find one. The last one I had, I picked up at a pawn shop for $125 and it was one of the best shooters I ever had. Unfortunately though, I parted with that rifle when I was offered more than 5X what I had in the complete rig, once I was finished with it and I've regretted it ever since....

D&T

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted it's only a 1/1000 of an inch,,,
But it is a difference.

.22 LR = .223
.22 Mag = .224

Anyways, if you want an out of the box tack-driver,,,
Consider the Henry Accu-Bolt in .22 LR or .22 Mag.

Mine in .22 LR is the most accurate rifle I own.

Aarond

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 22 lr. is in fact .223 and the 22 mag. is 224...

The 22 magnum works very well when rechambered from a 22 lr. as does other small capacity cartridges like the 221 Fire Ball, 22 Hornet and 22 K-Hornet...

And before you ask, NO, this is not a dangerous practice and something that has been done ever since these cartridges have been around....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom