Boot repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of Justin steel toe pull on boots and the soul came detached from the leather upper under the heel...anybody have suggestions on what kind of adhesive a guy could use to reattach it?
They have a 1 year warranty and I'm well beyond that, but they still got enough life left to look into some repair work on 'em especially if I can DIY.

P.S. This is why you always bring backup boots hunting. It came apart in a field and thankfully my week wasn't ruined....although the backups were 1000g Thinsulate and a BIT warm for the weather...but they worked!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the Gorilla clear glue, it is the clear no foam kind, i get at lowes for under $7 a bottle been using it for a few years its not permanent but it works for several months and then i have to reapply. you will need some kind of clamps to press the sole to the upper thou and takes 24 hours to cure. The last pair i used it on i added another year of wear to them by clueing them then they got so bad couldnt glue them any longer.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our local boot guy went belly up during the pandemic. I doubt we’ll see him or another anytime soon. Good luck with your search.
Yes sir, it used to be a guy could get boots repaired/re soled. It's not so common anymore. I've been using Danner boots for almost 20 years now because of their warranty and customer service. I've not had to use it yet but it would be a slight inconvenience to Ship them back to be repaired but at least they still stand behind their work. As to the OP, I'm betting gorilla glue of some sort would at least be a bandaid of sorts.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pair of Justin steel toe pull on boots and the soul came detached from the leather upper under the heel...anybody have suggestions on what kind of adhesive a guy could use to reattach it?
They have a 1 year warranty and I'm well beyond that, but they still got enough life left to look into some repair work on 'em especially if I can DIY.

P.S. This is why you always bring backup boots hunting. It came apart in a field and thankfully my week wasn't ruined....although the backups were 1000g Thinsulate and a BIT warm for the weather...but they worked!
Weldwood Contact Adhesive. This is what I use in my leather shop.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-Weldwood-3-fl-oz-Original-Contact-Cement-00107/100195615

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used J.W. Ellis of the Boot Shop in Newcastle a few times and he does excellent work.........he has a pretty good reputation and folks send him boots to repair from all over the country.

9 to 5 Mon. thru Fri.........405-387-4335.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We fix a lot of soles here at the dance studio. Anything from shoes to boots and the best thing we have found is Weldwood Contact Cement. It's cheap and you can find it anywhere. We get ours at Walmart. You put on both surfaces, wait 15 minutes and once they touch it bonds permanently.

WIN_20211109_10_41_29_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom