Bore sighter -- What do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djones69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just strap it down in my gun vise, pull out the bolt look down the barrel and put a sticky dot on the wall where the barrel is pointed then dail the scope in to the same dot.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just strap it down in my gun vise, pull out the bolt look down the barrel and put a sticky dot on the wall where the barrel is pointed then dail the scope in to the same dot.

This is what I kinda do also, only I use the neighbors electric meter and my wife's big overstuffed chair in the living room. Doesn't work for autos though.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with previous posters. been doing it that way for years. Worked at academy for a year and a half, used theirs plenty, and finally bought one. I believe its a bushnell, it works after a fashion, it doesn't take in to account the height of the scope, for example, which can vary a lot. IMO your money would be better spent on a Gun Cradle to hold the rifle. while you look through the bore at a small object 75-100 yds. away, and adust the scope to coincide.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

+1 I did this for my ar. I used a steel target about 300 yards away. Put the cross hairs on that target. When I fired my first shot at 50 yards I was about an inch high and 2 in to the right. Maybe I got lucky but it worked out great. After that I kept shooting and adjusting until I was satisfied.

Latest posts

Top Bottom