Bowling Pin Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just woke up from my nap I took after coming home. I got toasted from the sun, I'm as red as a Folgers coffee can. Anyway, had a good time out there today shooting those bowling pins. Too bad they don't have a match every month.
It is amazing how you can aim directly at something and shoot and nothing happens.
That's a good picture you got of my backside MyMonkey.

Ahhh.. That's you. Would have moved up but didn't want to skeer yah. :wink2:

Man those are really good pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been accused of "rocking" before!!!!!

Thanks to SMF guys they did a very good job....

We all had fun..

I figure second place is rockin. :bowdown:

I have a few more shots that I will post.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wished I could have made it. I had a blast at the last one.

How did everyone do?

My wife said I got 6th place the son comes up and said 7th. They didn't really announce the scores except for the prize winners.
I brought home a trophy anyway.....a bowling pin full of holes.:rotflmao:

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
I think the winning time was an average of 6 something.

I on the other hand had an average of 60 something!!!

Well, maybe not that bad, but it was horrible.

A little advice for anyone that shoots steel for speed, don't use the same loads for pins........the pins just laugh at those loads.

Actually, my .357 knocked em off the table better than my light .45 loads.

If I hadn't had such a hard time reloading the wheel gun, I would have broke 15 seconds. I just need some practice on reloading the wheel.

Thanks to the guys from SMF solutions for setting this up.

I really would like to see a match somewhere on this side of the state at least twice a month on SATURDAY!!

I've noticed that there are a lot of matches on Sunday, but I go to church on Sunday morning and I'm not going o skip church (often) to shoot.

If anyone has any info on matches on Saturday, I really would like to know about them.

I am going to go over to Ausley's tactical store here in Lawton and see if he will let me set up something at his personal range where he teaches CLEET/Defense classes. Would anyone be interested in shooting a couple matches in Lawton this Summer?

Good to meet a lot of you guys. I had a great time.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost used my 686SSR in this match. Was wondering what was working better. I was happy with the .45 1911 I used. Seemed as though when I hit the pin where I was supposed to the pins went off the table. I think my average time was around 12 seconds. Had two 11's and one 13 second round, they drop the highest number which was 15 for me.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
I actually had two problems with the 1911 I was shooting. One was the ammo being loaded too light. I think that if I went to a hot 200 gr SWC or even a 230gr, I would have knocked them a little better.

The second problem is really ME!! That 1911 is a 1942 USGI 1911A1. I've been working on it for a while to get it running right. This actually was the first time at a range that it ran all day without any malfunctions. Someone shaved the front site a little, so it was always hard to pick up the front sight. I painted the sights last week with a paint pen, and it helped a little, but I'm just not really good with that weapon.

I really want to keep that 1911 as original as I can keep it since it is a Rand slide on a Springfield frame. Not really worth a lot since I had to take a nasty nickel finish off of it and re-park it, but I still would rather not mod up a piece of history like that.

I just shoot a little better with the 686, but I still was not hitting them where I wanted to. I just need a little (A LOT!!!) more practice.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to go over to Ausley's tactical store here in Lawton and see if he will let me set up something at his personal range where he teaches CLEET/Defense classes. Would anyone be interested in shooting a couple matches in Lawton this Summer?

I'd be in.

Think he'd let us go full auto? I'd bring a couple for us to play with.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom