Broadhead Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for the low poundage, use the same thing you would with a recurve 10lb heavier.. so a fixed blade, and some would say 2 blade, but my vote would be 3 or 4 blade ( i prefer the 3 blade 125) muzzy. hone the sides of the trocar tip a little, seems to help penetration. has worked on deer for me out of the recurve, and know of folks who have killed a pile of elk with them out of recurves.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobby, the old salt at Oklahoma Archery recommended the Magnus Buzzcut 125gn when he outfitted me for the McAAP hunt. He hunts with a 45# longbow, and said that out of 14 deer, he hasn't had one yet that didn't have a pass through when shot at 25yds or less. Might give them a try. I have 6 of them waiting on October 1st to show up.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobby, the old salt at Oklahoma Archery recommended the Magnus Buzzcut 125gn when he outfitted me for the McAAP hunt. He hunts with a 45# longbow, and said that out of 14 deer, he hasn't had one yet that didn't have a pass through when shot at 25yds or less. Might give them a try. I have 6 of them waiting on October 1st to show up.

Those are a lot like the Steelforce

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Those are a lot like the Steelforce

They both look a lot like the old Bear broad heads...........got a ton of them. 140gr but I'll pull the insert and see what they weigh. I may see how she shoots with them. Distances will be close, and I'm feeling better about her approaching the 40lb mark. I'll probably just let her look at all the suggestions and let her choose. :) Thanks for all the replies.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They both look a lot like the old Bear broad heads...........got a ton of them. 140gr but I'll pull the insert and see what they weigh. I may see how she shoots with them. Distances will be close, and I'm feeling better about her approaching the 40lb mark. I'll probably just let her look at all the suggestions and let her choose. :) Thanks for all the replies.

Yep! All of which look a lot like the originals made out of flint! Nothing new under the sun.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm shooting Ramcats this season. I'm pulling 70 pounds but have heard that they're also great for lower pound archers. They fly like my field tips too. The other broadheads I want to try are the Magnus Black Hornets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom